Appliance dolly

Ray Scheufler

Jun 19, 2017, 10:58:43 AM6/19/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
Does anyone have an appliance dolly that I could borrow?  I have a washer and dryer that I need to swap around.

Also, does anyone mind if I borrow the regular dolly from the space to move this weekend?

Ray Scheufler

Tim-S

Jun 19, 2017, 12:23:39 PM6/19/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
/usual PSA that it's generally not ok to take tools from the shop

No concerns here, thanks for letting us know. Unless anyone else speaks up that they need the dolly this weekend.
I've hooked ratchet straps up to a normal dolly as a makeshift appliance dolly before. It is not a great solution, but it sorta works. Do you need an extra set of hands?

David Champion

Jun 19, 2017, 12:34:59 PM6/19/17
to dsmhackerspace
You can also rent an appliance dolly from u-haul or other rental places.

-dc

Ray Scheufler

Jun 19, 2017, 1:41:26 PM6/19/17
to Des Moines Hackerspace
I could rent a dolly but it seems like a waste to rent something when there is one just sitting at the space. I wanted to make sure that there weren't any plans to use it before I just borrowed it.

Extra hands are always helpful. Tim, I'll message you off list.

Ray Scheufler