Seeking a more Experienced Android User

Joseph B

Jul 21, 2016, 7:06:37 PM7/21/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
I have a need. A need, for the Pokemongos.

My current phone is a used Samsung Galaxy Note II (SGH-T889). The latest version of Android which T-Mobile distributes is Android 4.3 (Jellybean), but in order to play Pokemon GO I need at least Android 4.4 (KitKat). I found a guide with the relevant downloads still active for updating a SGH-T889 to Android 4.4.4 via SlimKat and installed using the ClockworkMod ROM Manager.

In order to use the Recovery tool in the app my phone needs to be rooted, so I did some research and attempted to do that as well. I activated Developer Mode and enabled USB debugging, then booted phone in Download Mode and attempted to root the phone using Odin 3.07. Based upon the installation data which displayed on my phone and the PASS message which displayed in Odin it seemed like the root was successful, but when I downloaded and ran a Root Checker I received an "Unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped" notification followed by the app failing to confirm a successful root.

The same message, or one regarding "Please update Samsung Security Policy" appears whenever I attempt to continue setting up ClockworkMod Recovery.

There are verified cases of Pokemon GO successfully installing from the .apk file (which I have) to the Galaxy Note II, but only on Android 4.4.2. Would anybody be able to offer advice for next steps?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
-Joseph

Sean OBryan

Jul 21, 2016, 8:23:30 PM7/21/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

Not a specific answer but might help.

XDA forums with the cfroot tools are probably the place with your answer.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1960784&page=1

Someone has mentioned something similar to your problem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2562994