Request training on the Wood Lathe

Jason Bentley

Jun 4, 2017, 4:21:39 PM6/4/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
I'd like to schedule a training session on the wood lathe. I'm available Monday after 6, Tuesday through Friday after 7, and Saturday any time.

Jason Bentley

Jun 4, 2017, 4:22:28 PM6/4/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Thanks in advance, Jason Bentley.

Zeke Egherman

Jun 4, 2017, 11:22:50 PM6/4/17
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
my dad and i are also interested.
Thanks!

On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 3:22 PM, Jason Bentley <jasondav...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks in advance, Jason Bentley.

string "firstName" == Zeke;
string "lastName" == Egherman;
string "fullName" == stringbuilder.concatenate (firstName,lastName);
Console.WriteLine("From," /n + fullName);
Console.Read();

From Zeke Egherman, developer of Lenny Face For youTRHSroundup.com, and more!

David Champion

Jun 5, 2017, 10:45:25 AM6/5/17
to dsmhackerspace
What is the current condition of the wood lathe and tools?

-dc

Tim-S

Jun 5, 2017, 6:19:56 PM6/5/17
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
There are two wood lathes -- there's the Craftsman you helped us pick up, and a second that belongs to Chris. Both work, but the chuck in Chris's is a little nicer.

Currently there's a piece of walnut in the Craftsman. It is Andrew's (haven't seen him in awhile, come to think of it), but he made it quite clear people should feel free to move it if they wanted to use the lathe.

I'm kinda waiting for Chris to chime in. While I often train people in the woodshop, I do not know wood turning and am not comfortable training people on the lathes. Hey Chris, can you train all of us?

Chris Johnson