Soda machine

Nabil Hanke

Jun 28, 2015, 6:07:08 PM6/28/15
to Area515
What is the status of making the soda machine operable?

Thank you,
Nabíl

Sean OBryan

Jun 28, 2015, 6:50:51 PM6/28/15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

One or two motors that dispense soda were removed to fix.
Both motors need to be put back I the machine.
The main problem is that the compressor is freezing when operating for over an hour. This could be something wrong with compressor/coolant or the DC motor behind the coil is not blowing air past the coil.
The machine takes money and can dispense soda when it has motors put back.

Dan Hockey

Jun 28, 2015, 9:07:27 PM6/28/15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Not having enough air flow is one possible cause. If it is really old system that uses an expansion valve, that is also a symptom of a bad expansion valve. The fact that it freezes up just shows that the compressor healthy and working.

Sean OBryan

Jun 28, 2015, 9:13:16 PM6/28/15
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com

On the level above the compressor, there is a DC fan behind the coils. More than likely, this fan is not blowing air. I was unable to check if the fan was working.