Training Fees

Nabil Hanke

Aug 13, 2016, 7:49:04 PM8/13/16
to area515
As a reminder - beginning the 1st of August (two weeks ago) safety training require a fee to be collected for the maintenance of associated tool. Fees can be paid to the donation box in the back room with a note or by going to the web site https://area515.org/product/laser-cutter-donation/ and making a note there.

Different tools will carry different amounts as determined by tool stewards. Consult your trainer.

If you would like to be trained on any tools, it is perfectly fine to write a post here requesting so.

Thank you,
Nabil

Ray Scheufler

Aug 13, 2016, 8:41:18 PM8/13/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace
As the tool steward of the laser, the fees are $20 for new trainees and $15 for renewals.

As the tool steward of the rostock printers, the fees are $15 for new trainers and $10 for renewals.

Ray Scheufler

Brooke Hedrick

Aug 15, 2016, 8:55:40 PM8/15/16
to dsmhack...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if this has been covered already...

Do non-members still have tool access?

Are the fees for these tools the same for members and non-members?

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dsmhackerspac...@googlegroups.com.

Ray Scheufler

Aug 15, 2016, 9:05:29 PM8/15/16
to Des Moines Hackerspace

No, non members do not have tool access. This has been our policy for quite some time.

Ray Scheufler

Ian Walmsley

Aug 17, 2016, 2:12:49 PM8/17/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
For those already trained, do the fees start now or the next time I have to renew?

Bailey Mader

Aug 17, 2016, 2:29:54 PM8/17/16
to Area515 - Des Moines Maker Space
Next time you renew. We're not trying to spring unexpected costs on people.

If you feel like you've put a significant amount of wear on a tool and would like to put money up for it before your training, just note it as such when you put it in the drop box or make your payement online so I know not to categorize it as general donation.