0.6.2-SNAPSHOT : No WebApplication provider is present

Oisin Kim

Mar 4, 2013, 9:25:16 PM3/4/13
to dropwiz...@googlegroups.com
I've encountered an issue with the latest 0.6.2 SNAPSHOT jar (from Saturday), sharing here in case anyone else sees similar issues.  Since updating, I got an error on startup as follows:

INFO  [2013-03-05 02:20:02,502] org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server: jetty-8.1.9.v20130131
WARN  [2013-03-05 02:20:02,526] /: unavailable
! com.sun.jersey.api.container.ContainerException: No WebApplication provider is present
! at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.WebApplicationFactory.createWebApplication(WebApplicationFactory.java:69) ~[jersey-server-1.17.jar:1.17]
! at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.create(ServletContainer.java:392) ~[jersey-servlet-1.17.jar:1.17]
! at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer$InternalWebComponent.create(ServletContainer.java:307) ~[jersey-servlet-1.17.jar:1.17]
! at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.load(WebComponent.java:603) ~[jersey-servlet-1.17.jar:1.17]
! at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.init(WebComponent.java:210) ~[jersey-servlet-1.17.jar:1.17]
! at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.init(ServletContainer.java:374) ~[jersey-servlet-1.17.jar:1.17]
! at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.init(ServletContainer.java:557) ~[jersey-servlet-1.17.jar:1.17]
! at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:244) ~[javax.servlet-3.0.0.v201112011016.jar:na]
....SNIP

I'd assumed this was something I've misconfigured in my code but am unsure now as rolling back to 0.6.2 resolved it.

I'm using HubSpot/dropwizard-guice too.

I'll try reproduce with a simpler project later in the week.

Cheers,
Oisin

Coda Hale

Mar 5, 2013, 11:19:41 AM3/5/13
to dropwiz...@googlegroups.com
I can't reproduce this, but you should check to see that your Jersey versions are all the same. 0.6.2-SNAPSHOT uses 1.17.1.

---
Coda Hale
http://codahale.com

Derek Stainer

Mar 21, 2013, 6:05:55 PM3/21/13
to dropwiz...@googlegroups.com
Just a follow up for anyone else that runs into this problem, because we did. The issue for us was that we had a dependency on a Jersey Multipart dependency that did not get moved to 1.17.1. So double check your Jersey versions like Coda says and make sure they are all on the same version.

Derek

ravi beli

Mar 9, 2015, 3:02:10 AM3/9/15
to dropwiz...@googlegroups.com
Resolved after removed this below dependency:
<dependency>
<groupId>com.sun.jersey.contribs</groupId>
<artifactId>jersey-multipart</artifactId>
<version>1.19</version>
</dependency>

Work around: If we want to have the above dependency, we need to be very careful about jar conflicts. That causes an issue and never tells you clearly why below error occurs.
Error:
com.sun.jersey.api.container.ContainerException: No WebApplication provider is present