kie 6.3 wb/ server on tomcat resource not found issue

John Harrison

Oct 4, 2015, 2:11:36 PM10/4/15
to Drools Setup
Hi,

I'm currently having an issue with kie 6.3.0.Final with tomcat 8 on OSX.

I've attached some details.

Any ideas/ thoughts?

Thanks

John

lib.txt
setenv.sh

Michael Anstis

Oct 4, 2015, 3:14:59 PM10/4/15
to drools...@googlegroups.com

I think it would help if you gave some details of the nature of the problem you're experiencing!

John Harrison

Oct 4, 2015, 4:45:01 PM10/4/15
to Drools Setup
I'm sorry, MIchael and thanks.

I'm currently getting errors like:

04-Oct-2015 09:09:47.078 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.kie.server.services.impl.KieServerImpl.<init> Error when initializing server extension of type jBPM KIE Server extension
 java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create EntityManagerFactory due to [PersistenceUnit: org.jbpm.domain] Unable to build EntityManagerFactory
    at org.kie.server.services.jbpm.JbpmKieServerExtension.build(JbpmKieServerExtension.java:426)
    at org.kie.server.services.jbpm.JbpmKieServerExtension.init(JbpmKieServerExtension.java:134)
    at org.kie.server.services.impl.KieServerImpl.<init>(KieServerImpl.java:93)
    at org.kie.server.services.impl.KieServerLocator.<clinit>(KieServerLocator.java:20)
    at org.kie.server.services.Bootstrap.contextInitialized(Bootstrap.java:50)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4729)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5167)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:725)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:701)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:945)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1768)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: org.jbpm.domain] Unable to build EntityManagerFactory
    at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:925)
    at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:900)
    at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:76)
    at org.kie.server.services.jbpm.JbpmKieServerExtension.build(JbpmKieServerExtension.java:424)
    ... 17 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.service.jndi.JndiException: Unable to lookup JNDI name [java:jboss/datasources/ExampleDS]
    at org.hibernate.service.jndi.internal.JndiServiceImpl.locate(JndiServiceImpl.java:68)
    at org.hibernate.service.jdbc.connections.internal.DatasourceConnectionProviderImpl.configure(DatasourceConnectionProviderImpl.java:116)
    at org.hibernate.service.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.configureService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:85)
    at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:184)
    at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:156)
    at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.internal.JdbcServicesImpl.buildJdbcConnectionAccess(JdbcServicesImpl.java:223)
    at org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.internal.JdbcServicesImpl.configure(JdbcServicesImpl.java:89)
    at org.hibernate.service.internal.StandardServiceRegistryImpl.configureService(StandardServiceRegistryImpl.java:85)
    at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.initializeService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:184)
    at org.hibernate.service.internal.AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.getService(AbstractServiceRegistryImpl.java:156)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildTypeRegistrations(Configuration.java:1827)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1785)
    at org.hibernate.ejb.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.<init>(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:96)
    at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:915)
    ... 20 more
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [jboss/datasources/ExampleDS] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [jboss].
    at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:818)
    at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:152)
    at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:134)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:415)
    at org.hibernate.service.jndi.internal.JndiServiceImpl.locate(JndiServiceImpl.java:65)
    ... 33 more

Believe it's related to:

04-Oct-2015 09:09:46.033 WARNING [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.NamingContextListener.addResource Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException: no resource registered with uniqueName 'jdbc/jbpm', available resources: []

I've also attached a current log.

Thanks

John
catalina.2015-10-04.log

Michael Anstis

Oct 4, 2015, 4:48:26 PM10/4/15
to drools...@googlegroups.com

Thanks John... a little information really helps. I've BCC'ed a some of of my red hot colleagues who know the jBPM configuration far better than myself. Let's see if they can advise further.

Cheers,

Mike

John Harrison

Oct 4, 2015, 11:02:30 PM10/4/15
to Drools Setup
Very nice of you - thanks, Mike :-)

John

Maciej Swiderski

Oct 5, 2015, 1:17:35 AM10/5/15
to drools...@googlegroups.com
John,

you need to set system properties that are valid for you environment to instruct kie server to use given db>
-Dorg.kie.server.persistence.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect
-Dorg.kie.server.persistence.ds=jdbc/jbpm
Hope this helps
Maciej

John Harrison

Oct 5, 2015, 10:28:15 AM10/5/15
to Drools Setup
Thanks, Maciej :-)

I've added these properties to my command line as:

startup.sh -Dorg.kie.server.persistence.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect  -Dorg.kie.server.persistence.ds=jdbc/jbpm

and the issue still exists. I'll attach the latest logs. Also, this problem may relate to the kie-wb/ persistence.xml, which appears to be new in 6.3.

Let me know what you think - thanks!

John

On Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 11:11:36 AM UTC-7, John Harrison wrote:
catalina.2015-10-05.log
localhost.2015-10-05.log

Maciej Swiderski

Oct 5, 2015, 11:38:41 AM10/5/15
to drools...@googlegroups.com
You need to add these into setenv.sh next to other system properties.

Maciej
<catalina.2015-10-05.log>
<localhost.2015-10-05.log>

Maciej Swiderski

Oct 5, 2015, 11:42:49 AM10/5/15
to drools...@googlegroups.com
Another thing, do you need bpm capabilities or only rules? If only rules you can disable jbpm

Maciej

Dnia 05.10.2015 o godz. 16:28 John Harrison <uov...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

<catalina.2015-10-05.log>
<localhost.2015-10-05.log>

John Harrison

Oct 5, 2015, 11:56:45 AM10/5/15
to Drools Setup
Hi Maricj:

Good point - I'm primarily interested in running rules at this point - how would/ should I configure?

Also, is it possible/ advisable to run jbpm features with kie wb/ server on tomcat?

Thanks :-)

John

Maciej Swiderski

Oct 5, 2015, 12:15:25 PM10/5/15
to drools...@googlegroups.com
Via system properties:
-Dorg.jbpm.server.ext.disabled=true

That should skip any init of jbpm extension meaning running rules only

Maciej

John Harrison

Oct 5, 2015, 1:16:52 PM10/5/15
to Drools Setup
Thank you for this tip, Marciej

I've tried the following command line combinations:

startup.sh -Dorg.jbpm.server.ext.disabled=true
startup.sh -Dorg.jbpm.server.ext.disabled=true -Dorg.kie.server.persistence.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect -Dorg.kie.server.persistence.ds=jdbc/jbpm

I seem to be getting the same results - attached my latest logs.

Let me know what you think - thanks for your help!

John

On Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 11:11:36 AM UTC-7, John Harrison wrote:
catalina.2015-10-05.log
localhost.2015-10-05.log

Maciej Swiderski

Oct 5, 2015, 3:42:49 PM10/5/15
to drools...@googlegroups.com
If you don't need bpm just use
Dorg.jbpm.server.ext.disabled=true
Inside setenv.sh script in tomcat as part of catalina opt env variable

Maciej
<catalina.2015-10-05.log>
<localhost.2015-10-05.log>

John Harrison

Oct 5, 2015, 6:38:38 PM10/5/15
to Drools Setup
Thank you for this tip, Macief - progress to report :-)

My startup log no longer reports the offending jdbc/jbpm error, however the execution log still reports related errors - I'll attach.

Perhaps jdbc/jbpm still has ties/ dependencies?

Please have a look - thanks for you help!

John

On Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 11:11:36 AM UTC-7, John Harrison wrote:
catalina.2015-10-05.log
localhost.2015-10-05.log

Maciej Swiderski

Oct 6, 2015, 8:27:30 AM10/6/15
to drools...@googlegroups.com
now I am bit confused, do you deploy workbench or kie server or both of these applications?

what I was describing was to only run kie server on tomcat. If you’d like to ran both then you need to have persistence configured. So follow readme of workbench and then set following parameter as part of CATALINA_OPTS:
-Dorg.jbpm.server.ext.disabled=true

John Harrison

Oct 6, 2015, 11:20:14 AM10/6/15
to Drools Setup
Hi Maciej - I'm sorry for any confusion.

I've currently deployed both 6.3.0.final workbench and server on tomcat 8.

I'll try server only for results. Otherwise, the issue remains.

Thanks for your help!

John

John Harrison

Oct 6, 2015, 8:47:14 PM10/6/15
to Drools Setup
Hi Macief, All

I've configured/ deployed 6.3.0.final server with/ without jbpm disabled and attached my logs. Disabling jbpm seems to remedy the deploy issue - thanks, Maciej :-)

Is it realistic to deploy 6.3.0.final workbench, server together? Seemed to work in 6.2. Also, the issue seems to relate to persistence.xml support in 6.3

Let me know of any ideas/ thoughts - thanks

John
catalina.out
localhost.log
catalina.jpmdisabled.out
localhost.jbpmdisabled.log

Sandeep Mishra

Oct 14, 2017, 8:53:52 AM10/14/17
to Drools Setup
HI All,

I have tried as Johan suggested but it works for kie-server 7.3.0 tomcat  and kie-wb 7.3.0. I think there is some problem with 6.3.0 some files is not supported. please find setenv.bat file

Thanks for your suggestion

Thanks,
Sandeep

chenyun...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2017, 1:52:58 AM10/26/17
to Drools Setup
Hi ,

Do you deploy the kie-server and kie-wb  into  the tomcat and make them work together?

Could you share how to do it?

Thank you!

在 2017年10月14日星期六 UTC+8下午8:53:52,Sandeep Mishra写道: