AC Navigation updates at 50hz

Randy Mackay

Apr 21, 2014, 12:43:15 AM4/21/14
to drones-...@googlegroups.com

     FYI, copter is running the navigation routines at 50hz on fast CPU boards now (Flymaps, Pixhawk, PX4).  This at least temporarily resolves the 10hz pulse we’ve seen in Auto mode.  It’s “temporary” because it doesn’t completely remove the pulses, they’re just much smaller and more frequent so you can’t hear them anymore.

            https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/issues/925

     The 50hz navigation updates doesn’t seem to have much impact on the accuracy of navigation as far as I can tell.  It also doesn’t seem to impact the CPU load of the Pixhawk either.

     I’ve attached some logs from two back-to-back auto missions, one with the updates at 10hz, the other at 50hz in case anyone is interested.

-Randy

nav50.bin
master.bin