Console getting flooded by "Exception in message handler for HEARTBEAT"

Trond Hindenes

Mar 1, 2016, 8:47:51 AM3/1/16
to drones-discuss
Whenever I'm running dronekit and mission planner connected to the same simulator, my console is getting flooded by these messages:
>>> argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
>>> Exception in message handler for HEARTBEAT
>>> argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
>>> Exception in message handler for HEARTBEAT
>>> argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
>>> Exception in message handler for HEARTBEAT

It is definetely related to mission planner, as it stops if I disconnect MP. Anyone knows what the root cause could be? I'm preeeetty sure this is related to a recent update to the dronekit packages.

Ramon Roche

Mar 1, 2016, 12:47:26 PM3/1/16
to drones-discuss
Trond, what version of dronekit are you using?

Trond Hindenes

Mar 1, 2016, 5:02:26 PM3/1/16
to drones-discuss
Tried both latest and a few before that.

I think I figured out the cause of this: They way I write my applicatoin there's basically two separate threads both interacting with the vehicle object. This caused all kinds of problems, both with arming and the error messages. As soon as I put in some proper thread control so that only one thread will actually interact with dronekit at any given time these messages went away.

Dirk Gorissen

Apr 3, 2016, 1:39:19 PM4/3/16
to drones-discuss
FYI, I ran into the same issue but all my access code is already in its own process. Could it be the GCS interfering? I have opened an issue here.