arducopter precision landing requirements

Jonathan Challinger

Jul 21, 2016, 5:10:42 PM7/21/16
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to gauge what the community requires of precision landing. My primary question is: does anyone have a desire for precision landing to work with no rangefinder?

At the moment, ArduCopter 3.4 sort of "pretends" to support precision landing with no rangefinder, but realistically it is going to fail pretty badly when faced with a significant terrain height error. I think we should probably just make it conditional on having a rangefinder for now.

Further, I'm wondering if there's any community interest in having precision landing work indoors.