EKF doesn't use optical flow data

Sai Vemprala

Mar 27, 2015, 10:55:47 PM3/27/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to use the loiter mode in the current ArduCopter firmware with a PX4Flow optical flow camera and the PulsedLight LIDAR-Lite rangefinder on a PIXHAWK. I can see the OF flowX, flowY data, bodyX and Y data as well as the rangefinder altitude through the status/logs, but the fifth EKF packet (EKF5 in the log) has only zeroes in the FIX, FIY and normInnov fields, which suggests the EKF isn't fusing the optical flow data successfully. But the HAGL field in the EKF5 data does show the right altitude data. It'd be great if someone can shed some light on what might be going wrong here. I have already set EKF_GPS_TYPE to 3, FLOW_ENABLE to 1, EKF_FALLBACK to 0.

I'm attaching a small sample log file for more information. Thank you!

- Sai
6.BIN

Srikanth Saripalli

Mar 28, 2015, 3:15:29 AM3/28/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Attached is another log file with the same problem. Again EKF_GPS_TYPE is set to 3 and FLOW_ENABLE to 1.

-Sri
15.BIN