SteamVR's "Lighthouse" for precison landing of drones

Francis Dominic

Oct 31, 2016, 11:59:25 PM10/31/16
to drones-discuss
Hi

and would like to as if it has been integrated with the Pixhawk

Randy Mackay

Nov 1, 2016, 7:57:46 AM11/1/16
to drones-...@googlegroups.com

Francis,

     It hasn’t been integrated but it’s still probably a good idea.  ArduPilot is actually in a much better position than it was at the time that blog post was written (>1year ago) because we’ve been experimenting with the DWM1000 sensor (or more accurately the Pozyx) which provides similar information.

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWlPsBmAyo

     To integrate this Lighthouse we’d probably need a system to be donated to one or more of the main devs or if there are external developers interested in implementing the interface we could give advice on how to do it.

-Randy

Francis Dominic

Nov 2, 2016, 8:11:41 AM11/2/16
to drones-discuss
Hi Randy,

Thanks

Any attempts with kinexon
Is it compatible with the Pixhawk ?
Is it  good solution for precison landing ?