Drone for research purposes

jhons...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2016, 6:19:52 AM12/20/16
to drones-discuss

Hello,

I need to purchase a new drone for research purposes and need some help from you guys!!

I need to program this drone to do some stuff and move according to an algorithm.

I need the Drone and the SDK to be capable of doing the following:

1- Move according to generated x , y , and z positions.
2- The controller(main) mobile device will send some data to this drone and this drone should connect to mobile devices in its neighborhood and send them the data it currently received.
3- i need to be able to read the signal strength between the drone and the devices in its neighborhood.

I have the main phone which is controlling the movement of the drone through a specific algorithm. when this drone fly I need it to connect to other devices in its flying area(neighborhood) so it can send some data to these phones.
I am using this drone as communication mean between the original phone(controlling this drone) and the other devices. what is going to happen is that the original controlling phone is going to send some data lets say a picture to the drone and the drone will distribute this picture to the other mobile devices in its flying neighborhood.

Is this possible? and is it possible to read the RSSI between the drone and each phone?

what is the best drone and SDK for this purpose? Any help or comments are appreciated.

Thank you.

Craig Elder

Dec 20, 2016, 10:12:03 AM12/20/16
to drones-discuss
On Nov 3, 2016 this group began a transition to http://discuss.ardupilot.org

Please create an account on the new server and post new topics to http://discuss.ardupilot.org/c/development-team

Posting to existing topics in drones-discuss will be possible during a short transition time.

Thank you.