Pixhawk discontinued?

Caleb Woodruff

Feb 4, 2016, 12:00:27 PM2/4/16
to drones-discuss
I just had an email exchange with an employee at 3DR (contacted through he...@3dr.com). He said that "legacy products are being discontinued" and that Pixhawk 1 will be going out of stock. They are apparently going to focus on SOLO only. I realize that I can have them built myself but is that actually going to be necessary? Does anyone here have any insight?
--Caleb

Robert Lefebvre

Feb 4, 2016, 12:07:34 PM2/4/16
to drones-discuss
Hi Caleb,

There's lots of confusion about this.  Chris Anderson has responded to rumors of the discontinuation of the Pixhawk 1, quite clearly, and several times recently, that Pixhawk 1 production and supply would continue until such time as they released some not-yet-announced next generation product.

I'm not sure why there would be any question about this amongst 3DR's front line customer-facing staff?

Rob

On 4 February 2016 at 11:47, Caleb Woodruff <calebw...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just had an email exchange with an employee at 3DR (contacted through he...@3dr.com). He said that "legacy products are being discontinued" and that Pixhawk 1 will be going out of stock. They are apparently going to focus on SOLO only. I realize that I can have them built myself but is that actually going to be necessary? Does anyone here have any insight?
--Caleb

Craig Elder

Feb 4, 2016, 12:08:35 PM2/4/16
to drones-discuss
Start your reading here  http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/last-sell-for-many-legacy-3dr-product

There are some other threads about product availability as well