Newb, MAVROS UDP and Waypoint goto (pixhawk)

Carson Vogt

Feb 22, 2015, 6:20:54 AM2/22/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I've done quite a bit of searching on the topics and I'm sure I missed something, but regardless, it felt like the time to seek some... professional help.

1) MAVROS and GCS through UDP proxy
I'd like to run MAVROS and apmplanner2 on my laptop but have been having trouble getting both to work at the same time. I assume it's because I've entered the information in the px4_radio.launch file incorrectly here:
        <arg name="fcu_url" default="/dev/ttyUSB0:57600" />
        <arg name="gcs_url" default="udp://:14...@192.168.1.2:14550" />
        <arg name="tgt_system" default="1" />
        <arg name="tgt_component" default="50" />
Where I'm getting UDP from apmplanner2 comms tab, and after is my computer's local IP. (My networking knowledge is pretty non-existent).
Aside from checking the MAVROS git page I went through this one as well:https://pixhawk.org/dev/ros/getting_started_tutorial, but a somewhat different objective. It seems like whatever data is streaming in can be read by both mavros and my gcs.

2)I'm struggling to find out why 'waypoint goto' is APM only, and if there's a "fix" where I can avoid pushing whole wp files outside writing my own MAVLink messages.

Answers or directions to answer to one or both questsions would be extremely helpful.
Thank you!

(I posted in PX4 users as well. Sorry if this is frowned upon)

Vladimir Ermakov

Feb 25, 2015, 8:33:30 AM2/25/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You should use two different ports for UDP connection. Defaults is 14555 for mavros side and 14550 for GCS (it's QGC defaults too).
So gcs_url will be: udp://@192.168.1.2 (or host instead of ip).
Also please use right firmware, i suggest that in drone-discuss you used APM firmware on pixhawk, also apmplanner2 for apm ones.
While PX4 native uses QGC.

WP goto feature is APM-only, although i don't see support for that in PX4. But in PX4 you may use OFFBOARD mode + setpoint plugins.