Drone laws in latin america?

foobarbecue

Jul 7, 2014, 8:59:04 PM7/7/14
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any information about the state of UAV law in Guatemala, Nicaragua, Ecuador, or Chile?

Would be nice if there was a website that keeps track of this info by country, but I haven't found one.

Aaron

foobarbecue

Jul 7, 2014, 9:00:01 PM7/7/14
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
I should clarify: in particular, I'm interested in laws pertaining to flying a small UAS for a research application.

Aaron

David Pawlak

Jul 7, 2014, 9:12:36 PM7/7/14
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Pretty open still in Chile. More problems caused by the US. (importation)

A drone got permission to film the president's reception of the Chilean soccer team at the "Moneda" (Chilean Whitehouse). You see idiots flying drones in crowded downtown Santiago!

Our lawyer says that they are preparing to put some regulations together (probably copy what Obama does), but that it will take "several years" (if at all) to actually police anything on a regular basis. The odd fool gets his drone confiscated and fined, but for doing really stupid things, like filming the President without permission.

Linus Casassa

Jul 7, 2014, 9:26:55 PM7/7/14
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
This is for Chile:

http://www.dgac.gob.cl/portalweb/dgac/detail?content-id=/repository/collaboration/sites%20content/live/dgac/web%20contents/noticias/02-04-2014%255b2%255d

I heard from a friend that you do not need permission to fly under 300m, but I don't have an official confirmation/link.

Linus Casassa
Fono: 56-9-97776941

Jon Purvis

Sep 1, 2014, 5:34:38 PM9/1/14
to drones-...@googlegroups.com

foobarbecue

Feb 11, 2015, 1:52:03 PM2/11/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have any more news on these developments? Any laws enacted, especially in Chile or Ecuador?

Francis Markert

Sep 15, 2016, 12:15:05 PM9/15/16
to drones-discuss

Maybe my website can help you: http://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-south-america/

I try to find the current laws for all countries around the globe and I consider the experiences of many travellers. Hope this article will help all of you!

If you learn something new, please let me know! I try to keep the post up to date.

Best regards,

Francis