AP_copter and AP_plane mashup

George Pfaltzgraff

Mar 29, 2015, 8:16:08 PM3/29/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
I am attempting to write custom firmware for a project, it has three flight modes, hover, hover flight, forward flight. I am attempting to do this by combining the arducopter and arduplane firmware from https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot, for reference lets call it ardu_X. I will be modifying this code on a windows machine and then loading it onto a linux computer and loading it onto a pixhawk. I'm wanting to make sure that A. this method will work and B. what would the command be for this? I've read through the instructions and haven't really seen how (using linux) to actually upload modified code onto the pixhawk. I wouldn't be loading it through the mission planner, but would like to receive the telemetry on mission planner (optional). so besides my sanity checks I'm wanting to know what the command to do this is. I'm assuming its something along the lines of >make ardu_X px4_v2

Sorry if this is explained somewhere else better, I'm not very familiar with this setup.

Thank you,

George Pfaltzgraff

Tom Pittenger

Mar 29, 2015, 9:49:35 PM3/29/15
to drones-discuss
To my knowledge this is not supported (directly), however there has been more and more demand for this so I'm hoping it gets developed soon. A possible workaround is to use the make px4v2-upload script and have the linux board upload via USB (the only officially supported bootload method). Lorenz from the PX4 project says that a USB+Serial bootloader is possible and may be coming soon.

-TomP