Dronecode Unconference Announcement and Agenda for next Wednesday

Craig Elder

Mar 18, 2015, 9:41:08 PM3/18/15
to drones-discuss
The ELC/DroneCode conference is fast approaching. We are really looking forward to meeting many of you in San Jose next week!

We have put together a rough agenda for the 'unconference' and the first physical meeting of the Technical Steering committee on the Wednesday which you can see here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuDinYJOhsvKcS7XseBNdcRmu9kM6FsC6S3M82nx7d4/edit?usp=sharing

How to Participate

You can participate in the unconference either by being there in person (if you are going to ELC) or by joining the discussions on mumble. We will use the DroneCode channel in mumble. There will be a microphone in the room and we will also be live streaming via hangouts on air. To actively participate in the discussions you should join the mumble channel. Please be careful to mute yourself when not speaking.

Rough Timetable

As an unconference the schedule tends to be quite loose, but it will be roughly:

8am to 9am: breakfast

9am welcome and introductions

9:15 first presentations and discussions

10:00 to 10:30 break

10:30 to 12:00 more presentations and discussions

12:30 Lunch. We plan on getting some takeaway food in so we can continue discussions over lunch, and allow remote participants to continue to participate

After lunch: more presentations and discussion

2:00 -   4:00 pm.  more presentations and discussions
4:00 - until close  open discussion roadmap future plans

If you have other ideas or suggestions for discussion topics please let us know

Thank you!

Roberto Navoni

Mar 19, 2015, 2:20:16 AM3/19/15
to drones-discuss
Hi Guys,
i'm happy to join you in San Jose next week :) I'm reading the
document and i have some question about it :

How is possible propose some contribution in the document?
I think that is not important to discuss only technical aspect but
also some question about the governance of development if is possible.
One of important aspect is the support of different hardware platform
like the new linux understand what's the roadmap...
the user point of view of the project.
And National law for certification of the uav.
best
Roberto

Andrew Tridgell

Mar 19, 2015, 3:22:56 AM3/19/15
to Roberto Navoni, drones-discuss
Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the suggestions! I've added them under the general discussion
topics. I think there will also be a very active "corridor track" where
we will all discuss many of these issues over the 3 days.

I'm Looking forward to meeting you!

Cheers, Tridge

Tom Pittenger

Mar 19, 2015, 3:16:03 PM3/19/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a head-count? I'll be there in person with Hao Chen in case you're keeping track.

Roberto Navoni

Mar 19, 2015, 4:27:59 PM3/19/15
to drones-discuss
Hi Tridge for us in europe is very important the problem of software
certification.
What's happen is that in Enac Rules they ask us :

Per le operazioni critiche è consentito il sorvolo delle aree urbane
ai SAPR che dimostrano un accettabile livello di sicurezza, ovvero un
sistema primario di comando e controllo il cui software sia conforme
agli standard EUROCAE ED-12 livello di affidabilità almeno D. Inoltre
è richiesto un sistema in grado di mantenere il controllo delle
operazioni in caso di perdita del data link o a mitigarne gli effetti
e l'installazione di un sistema di terminazione del volo il cui
sistema di comando sia indipendente e dissimilare.

For critical operations are allowed to fly over urban areas to SAPR
that demonstrate an acceptable level of security, which is a primary
system of command and control software which conforms to standard
EUROCAE ED-12 level of reliability at least D. It also demands a
system able to maintain control of the operations in case of loss of
the data link or mitigate the effects and the installation of a system
of the termination of the flight control system which is independent
and dissimilare.

So for us is very important develop an architecture compatible with
these requirments.
I hope that we can discuss during dronecode conference about this point.

I don't think that Nuttx operating system is compliant to this EUROCAE
ED-12 or Equivalent in U.S.
During my evaluation of possible option i see that SAFERTOS derivate
from FREERTOS support this kind of requirements .
U. S. RTCA DO-178 / EUROCAE ED-12

@Lorentz what do you think about ?

Best
Roberto Navoni

Craig Elder

Mar 25, 2015, 2:43:35 AM3/25/15
to drones-discuss

I have an update on the "unconfernence" we will be live streaming starting at 9am PDT March 25.

Please join us at https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102964513975937994295/events/cabo3lj9u6ets1tg30l5luldbb8 and on mumble.

jdennings

Mar 26, 2015, 1:58:40 PM3/26/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com, craig...@uniserve.com

Thank you  for this. I was able to catch some but not all of the video live streaming,  is there a plan to archive the  video somewhere?

Craig Elder

Mar 30, 2015, 5:54:33 PM3/30/15
to jdennings, drones-discuss
We're editing the video this week to remove the noise and planning to have it ready by the end of the week

Craig Elder

Apr 13, 2015, 7:53:29 PM4/13/15
to jdennings, drones-discuss

Chris Anderson

Apr 14, 2015, 12:58:03 AM4/14/15
to drones-discuss, jdennings
Do we have videos, too?

-c

Chris Anderson
CEO, 3D Robotics

Chris Anderson

Apr 14, 2015, 11:41:02 AM4/14/15
to drones-discuss, jdennings
Craig, just checking in again on the ETA of the Dronecode videos. They don't have to be perfect!

Craig Elder

Apr 16, 2015, 4:24:23 PM4/16/15
to drones-discuss
Chris, our focus has been getting the Dronecode site running and to get the presentations posted.  There have been a few technical challenges there.  The video is next on the to-do list.

Chris Anderson

Apr 16, 2015, 5:37:16 PM4/16/15
to drones-discuss
Great, thanks.  Will stay tuned...