Chinese / Spanish / Korean / Other who would like to help with translating/reviewing the wiki?

ham...@3drobotics.com

May 19, 2015, 7:58:54 PM5/19/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
The wiki recently got a new and improved translation engine "Transifex Live". You can check out our first translations by selecting the language in the bar on the bottom right of the page (e.g. on copter)

A few of our amazing volunteers have started translating the content into Chinese, Korean and Spanish. If you would like to help with this effort (either as a translator or reviewer) please let me know.

There is more information on how this works and how to get started on the wiki here.

Thanks!
Hamish

Craig Elder

May 19, 2015, 8:00:01 PM5/19/15
to drones-discuss
Thank you Hamish and translators.  This is a great step forward for us!

Jiro Hattori

May 19, 2015, 9:15:54 PM5/19/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Hamish.

How can I help to translation for Japanese ?

Dario Lindo Adres

May 20, 2015, 5:05:50 AM5/20/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Hello comunnity,

I offer myself for wiki translation into Spanish. Always I visit the wiki, I use the English language version because Spanish version is too weird... I will take a look to the new editor. Please tell me what is next step ;)

Regards from Spain!
Dario.

ham...@3drobotics.com

May 20, 2015, 7:42:51 AM5/20/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jiro and Dario

That's fantastic - thank you!

The first step is to add you to Transifex. Can you please create yourself a login here:  https://www.transifex.com/signin/

Then send me a personal email (to ham...@3drobotics.com) with your user ID. I will then add you as translators and get the system to send you another email inviting you to join. The basic instructions on using the system are here.

Please also confirm in your email to me that you are happy for me to share your email with other translators (Dario, I will connect you to Pablo who is doing Spanish translation so you can work together if you so wish and perhaps swap over to review each other's work).

Last of all, if you know others that you think might like to help, let me know!

Regards
Hamish

ham...@3drobotics.com

May 20, 2015, 8:02:04 PM5/20/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com, craig...@uniserve.com
Thanks! Yes it is an advance - the only thing we can't effectively translate with this system (so far) is images.

Jiro and Dario have signed up to the system today, so we're looking forward to the addition of Japanese and improved/faster translations in Spanish in the coming weeks. Once we're a bit further along I will post a blog about what we've done on DIYDrones.

If there is anyone else who wants to help with new languages or the existing ones (Spanish, Korean, Chinese -Trad+Simplified, +Japanese) then we'd love to hear from you!

Jiro Hattori

May 28, 2015, 8:02:47 AM5/28/15

On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 9:02:04 AM UTC+9, ham...@3drobotics.com wrote:
Thanks! Yes it is an advance - the only thing we can't effectively translate with this system (so far) is images.
We can modify or edit image file in the cloud storage.

Most of the translation is related to Mission Planner.
Can we re-use those translation to modify Mission Planner in Multiple-Language support ?

Hamish Willee

May 28, 2015, 7:26:31 PM5/28/15
to drones-discuss, Craig Elder
Hi Jiro

Please see my comments below.

Regards
Hamish

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:02 PM, Jiro Hattori <jiroh.yk....@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 9:02:04 AM UTC+9, ham...@3drobotics.com wrote:
Thanks! Yes it is an advance - the only thing we can't effectively translate with this system (so far) is images.
We can modify or edit image file in the cloud storage.

That is an excellent idea. I am happy to host the "translated" image on the wiki. For now, if you need these uploaded send me the image and the link to the original image.

Most of the translation is related to Mission Planner.
Can we re-use those translation to modify Mission Planner in Multiple-Language support ?

In theory the system should do this for you as I have checked this option which should fill up the same content using the same strings:
Inline image 1

 If you find that this is not the case, then please send me links for page where the translation is not copying and I will follow up with Transifex.

Thank you.

Regards
Hamish

Jiro Hattori

May 29, 2015, 7:18:15 AM5/29/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com, craig...@uniserve.com
Hi Hamish

My meaning is that we would like to have Japanese version Mission Planner by utilizing those translation effort.
However, I do not know how.

Randy Mackay

May 29, 2015, 8:07:13 AM5/29/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com, craig...@uniserve.com, Michael Oborne

Hattori-san,

     I’ve CC’d michael but I think it’s possible to translate the mission planner by doing something like this:

1.       Open the mission planner

2.       Press Ctrl-F

3.       Select Japanese from the drop-down on the middle

4.       Enter the Japanese into the “Other Lang” column

5.       Press Save

6.       In the C/ProgramFiles/Mission Planner/translation directory there should be a resedit.Form1.ja-JP.resx file.  Email that to Michael Oborne.

     Might be good to start with just a few changes and send the file to MichaelO so that we can be sure the process works.

-Randy

Jiro Hattori

May 29, 2015, 7:34:50 PM5/29/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com, craig...@uniserve.com, mic...@oborne.me
Hi Randy

Thank you for the input.
Actually, I am aware of this procedure.
I think I can make translation for Mission Planner in separate that the volume of words is much less than wiki;-)

Jiro Hattori

May 31, 2015, 4:38:15 AM5/31/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com, craig...@uniserve.com, mic...@oborne.me
Here is language translation file for Mission Planner.
It is bit difficult to edit  "resedit.Form1.ja-JP.resx file" for me.
So, I am utilize excel file for translation.

Mission plan Eng-Japanese.xls