Airborne Projects RPM sensor

Paulo Neves

Feb 9, 2016, 12:37:34 PM2/9/16
to drones-discuss

Hello all,

After some conversation in a previous discussion thread here in drones-discuss, we found there was not sufficient interest to make a product out of our development of an RPM sensor for Ardupilot. As such we are releasing what we had so far and which got us readable logs with RPMs.

Github Repository with the Arduino Nano source files to create an RPM counter of up to 8 motors simultaneously.

It also contains the Eagle files, board and schematics, of the sensors and schmitt triggers that act as a shield to the Arduino Nano.

In the contrib/ardupilot submodule is a fork to a ardupilot repository which contains the implementation of the sensors for the Ardupilot code, including integration with SerialManager, Logger and new Mavlink messages.

Airborne Projects is a company and is not actively developing this product but if there is interest in further development let us know.

Best regards

Paulo Neves

Airborne Projects Lda