Replay -r400 not working

andreas....@googlemail.com

Nov 18, 2015, 11:36:43 AM11/18/15
to drones-discuss
Hey,
I would like to use Replay for analyse the EKF behaviour. The function -r400, to set the main loop is running on 400hz, is not working in my case.
Not sure if that causes problems by later post-processing. When I run a log trough Replay, in the produced output some Data is missing. For example the values of EKF3.IPD are all zero.
I couldn't find other people having the same problem, so it seems that is not a common issue. Thanks in advance for help.
Best regards
Andreas
Kreis1.BIN
Message has been deleted

Paul Riseborough

Nov 24, 2015, 5:14:19 AM11/24/15
to drones-discuss
I don't think the -r400 option has been working since we moved to using delta angles and velocities from the INS library. If you have 400Hz IMU data in your log, then replay at 400Hz automatically. Your IMU data is at 50Hz so the replay will run at that rate.

I have run your log through replay using current master and both EKF and EKF2 are working OK on your data. See attached plot of innovations

Unfortunately if you want to do off-line tuning of the EKF's for Copter, then you really need to put in a high speed SD card and log IMU data at 400Hz. it can also help to turn off logging of messages that are not required, eg RC inputs and outputs.

-Paul

andreas....@googlemail.com

Nov 27, 2015, 9:25:08 AM11/27/15
to drones-discuss
hey Paul,
thanks for your effort and explanation. I ll follow your advice.
Thanks and best regards
Andreas
Message has been deleted

andreas....@googlemail.com

Dec 11, 2015, 9:31:28 AM12/11/15
to drones-discuss
Hey Paul,
I still have a question: What have you done to plot the NKF3.IPN and NKF3.IPE. Do I have to change the Replay.cpp File ? Or do I have to add something to that file?
Thanks in advance and best regards
Andreas