O/T: Developer Needed for Six DOF Application

Brian DeBusk

Sep 13, 2016, 3:20:27 PM9/13/16
to drones-discuss
I admit this is off-topic.  But please note that it may result in someone getting a job, which can't be a bad thing.

We have a need for a developer who is adept with six DOF sensors, Kalman Filters, and three-dimensional orientation determination.  It's basically a drone without the motors and props.  But things get interesting, because we need two of these units to measure their positions relative to each other in three-dimensional space.  So in the ArduCopter world, you don't have the luxury of an Earth or Model frame -- one sensor is the frame of reference for the other (see, I told you it would be cool).

- Reusing existing code is not only allowed, it is preferred

- You should even be able to use existing drone controller boards (at least for now).  A Naze32 should be plenty of power, but you can choose your HW.

And yes, this is a paid project.  And if you're good at it, it will become a job.

Thank you in advance,

Brian

Jonathan Challinger

Sep 13, 2016, 4:28:27 PM9/13/16
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
I may be able to help. Please explain in more detail.

Brian DeBusk

Sep 14, 2016, 11:05:44 PM9/14/16
to drones-discuss
May I have your email address?  I can send you an introduction and project overview.

Thanks,

Brian
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to drones-discus...@googlegroups.com.

Robert Lefebvre

Sep 14, 2016, 11:35:35 PM9/14/16
to drones-discuss
Hi Brian,

Just a note, this isn't my specialty so I'm not going to attempt it, but just wanted to recommend Jon.  He's one of only a few developers qualified to take this on.

Regards,
Rob

Brian DeBusk

Sep 18, 2016, 7:00:15 AM9/18/16
to drones-discuss
Robert:

Good to hear from you again!

I thought I sent Jon a private message with my email information, but I believe I may have sent it incorrectly.

Jon:

My email is bcde...@deroyal.com and our top engineer is mb...@deroyal.com

It's a medical application where we need to model two 6 DOF sensors in space.  The prototype doesn't have to be that miniaturized -- even a Naze32 board would work.

Imagine placing two of those boards on a patient's body and then measuring the relationship between those two boards in space.  Just like cleanflight shows the board graphically on a PC, we need similar information from two boards simultaneously.  It's not that difficult, but what makes it interesting is keeping the two boards in-sync.  We don't want them to be physically connected to each other.  Ideally they would stream data to a nearby bluetooth device.

Thanks,

Brian