APM:Plane 3.5.0 beta1 released

Andrew Tridgell

Jan 8, 2016, 11:44:41 PM1/8/16
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We've started the beta cycle for the 3.5.0 release of APM:Plane. This
includes a lot of changes!

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/apm-plane-3-5-1beta1-released

(sorry for the incorrect version in the URL).

Please test this release as much as you can and give feedback, both
positive and negative.

Cheers, Tridge

Tom Pittenger

Jan 9, 2016, 12:26:17 AM1/9/16
to drones-discuss

Flew it today and powered up my plane while walking around with it. Flew great! The EKF2 is very stable

Chris Anderson

Jan 9, 2016, 12:26:19 AM1/9/16
to drones-discuss
Snapdragon Flight support FTW! Can't wait to see what the community does with the power in that.

-c

    CEO
    3D Robotics
    website | twitter | facebook | instagram

Andrew Tridgell

Jan 9, 2016, 1:12:11 AM1/9/16
to drones-discuss
Hi All,

It should be 4 new flight boards, not 3. I forgot to list the
Pixracer. Sorry Phillip!

http://www.auav.co/product-p/xr-v1.htm

We need some updates for some of these new boards to this wiki page:

http://dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/supported-autopilot-controller-boards/

Cheers, Tridge

Tom Pittenger

Jan 9, 2016, 1:28:12 AM1/9/16
to drones-discuss
Can the original blog post be updated to show PixRacer?

Cheers, Tridge

Jason Franciosa

Jan 29, 2016, 11:32:48 AM1/29/16
to drones-discuss
I see Beta 2 was released but can not seem to find any notes as to what is changed from Beta 1.

Any updates on whats new with Beta 2?

Andrew Tridgell

Jan 29, 2016, 6:04:04 PM1/29/16
to Jason Franciosa, drones-discuss
Hi Jason,

> Any updates on whats new with Beta 2?

I'll be doing some new release notes in a few hours. I'm expecting to do
the final 3.5.0 release soon too - possibly today.

I've just finished some test flights of 3.5.0beta2 (I'm still out at the
flying field) and it is working nicely, so I don't see any reason to
hold off the release.

Cheers, Tridge

Jason Franciosa

Jan 31, 2016, 9:15:06 AM1/31/16
to drones-discuss, jason.f...@gmail.com
Excellent,

I saw the notes the other day, Thank you for another excellent release!

I flew 3.5 Beta1 in sustained winds over 65kph the other day with a 1.8 meter foam plane and the pixhawk handled it amazing. The only issue was on take off the Terrain value in the EKF went completely RED. I am assuming this was due to a super rapid take off from the winds being so high. But the plane flew very well until wind speeds got to around 17-18 m/s when it was faster than the plane was set to fly at so I brought it home and landed.

Thanks again,

Jason

Michael du Breuil

Feb 1, 2016, 5:42:07 AM2/1/16
to drones-discuss
That's actually the airspeed warning, not terrain. Paul has a PR in to fix that being reported as terrain.

john....@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2016, 2:23:17 AM6/28/16
to drones-discuss
Probably a stoopid question, but is there a plan to support APM:Plane on the Pixracer V1 ?  I saw a post indicating support on DIYdrones, purchased the board.... and surprise - not there yet.  Nice little board though.

--js

Luis Vale Gonçalves

Jun 28, 2016, 7:38:20 AM6/28/16
to drones-discuss
The PixRacer runs Plane on the latest versions. Also Don has already added support to flash Plane on the latest dev versions of QGC.

Tom Pittenger

Jun 28, 2016, 10:15:45 AM6/28/16
to drones-discuss

Available on plane v3.6.0