control_mode == INITIALISING vs system_status == MAV_STATE_CALIBRATING

Gábor Vásárhelyi

Jun 23, 2016, 11:46:24 AM6/23/16
to drones-discuss
Hi All!

Is there a need to work out a method to better use the MAV_STATE_CALIBRATING status info in the heartbeat mav message? It would be maybe helpful if the CALIBRATING flag would be present any time some kind of calibration is in progress (e.g. when RGB led is blue-red blinking on iris+). Now as I see it is only set at startup, when control_mode is INITIALISING.

My case is the following: I send prearm_calibration commands to pixhawk from an onboard computer and have to save new calibrated values right after calibration is done. Right now I have no feedback on when calibration is finished, only a result ack that the calibration has started. Waiting a couple of seconds is not the best method as time needed for calibration depends on how much the copter moves during calibration etc.

Thanks,
Gabor