Mission planning interface improvements

Oleksandr Chendekov

Mar 27, 2015, 11:43:12 PM3/27/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

It's great that AP becomes more and more feature rich platform. But feature rich mission control require convenient mission building. I think it's time to reorganize mission plan interface to manage all the functionality:

I can suggest some ideas for discussion if it is a good place for it:
- split mission path control and payload control in two parallel sequences with ability to edit each separately and than (re)synchronizing them
- rearrange right click menu to more categorized options, for example: edit, flight path control, payload control, ground control, communications control, map tools
- (may be it is done via shortcuts, but I didn't find it) Undo/redo, copy/cut/paste functions
- implement "missionlets" like auto grid, auto circle etc. into user editable library.

JOEL L SILVERMAN

Mar 28, 2015, 4:08:09 AM3/28/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
I agree, and along the line of parallel sequences, it would be great to have a separate "mission" for point-of-focus waypoints for the camera gimbal that could be drawn in the Tower app, independent but synchronized with the flight mission plan. This would lead to smoother video transitions than the current system of point-of-interest waypoints that are part of the flight waypoints.

Jaime Machuca

Mar 28, 2015, 11:36:23 AM3/28/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
I don't understand, what would the difference be between your Point of Focus and the current waypoints? And why two separate missions? How do you synchronize between them?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 27, 2015, at 11:13 PM, JOEL L SILVERMAN <silverm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I agree, and along the line of parallel sequences, it would be great to have a separate "mission" for point-of-focus waypoints for the camera gimbal that could be drawn in the Tower app, independent but synchronized with the flight mission plan. This would lead to smoother video transitions than the current system of point-of-interest waypoints that are part of the flight waypoints.

Oleksandr Chendekov

Mar 28, 2015, 3:14:03 PM3/28/15
to drones-...@googlegroups.com
I didn't mean two separate mission but rather two "layers". Like audio and video track in video editing software where both tracks are syncronized but you can work with them separately.