Can droid be run from a command line

Edgar F. Black

Feb 17, 2015, 10:34:45 AM2/17/15
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I wonder if it is possible to run droid from a command-line.

I would like to pass to droid a file and get back the mime type.

Thanks

Brian O'Reilly

Feb 18, 2015, 9:09:44 AM2/18/15
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edgar

Yes, DROID can be run from the command line.  The functionality is more limited than that available in the GUI version, although the latest version (6.1.5) now includes the facility to run "no profile mode" queries aganist individual files as well as folders.  Possibly the best way to get started is to have a look at the examples available in the "Command Line control" section of the Help facility for the GUI version - then adapt these as needed for your own purposes.
Regards, Brian

Edgar F. Black

Feb 19, 2015, 11:05:12 AM2/19/15
to droid...@googlegroups.com