Cannot install

Aly B

Apr 25, 2014, 5:31:55 AM4/25/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Another install query (I couldn't find one on on here which already answered my question).
I'm running Windows 7, have Java Version 7 installed.  When I click on the .bat file the following message pops up: Error: Unable to access jarfile droid-ui-6.1.3.jar.
I tried redownloading Droid, just in case there was a glitch the first time and still get the same error message.

I've been given temporary admin rights for the purpose of installing this programme, but cannot get any further advice from our IT dept as this isn't a programme supported by my workplace, so I hope someone can help me here!

Thanks,
Alyson.

Dclipsham

Apr 25, 2014, 5:42:20 AM4/25/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alyson,

I can replicate this issue if I execute droid.bat from within the zip. Before running Droid, you'll need to extract wholly from the zip file first. In a Win7 environment you can right-click the zip and select 'extract all,' then specify where you'd like to extract it to. Once extracted, the droid.bat file, so long as it is in the same folder as the jar, should have no problem running.

David

Aly B

Apr 25, 2014, 5:43:55 AM4/25/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,
thanks for the quick reply.  I have extracted the files and still get the same issue.

Dclipsham

Apr 25, 2014, 5:47:53 AM4/25/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alyson,

What happens if you double-click on the file droid-ui-6.1.3.jar?

David

Aly B

Apr 25, 2014, 6:26:48 AM4/25/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
That appears to have done it this time!  Droid opened!  (I did try to click on the .jar file previously but nothing happened).
So for future reference, I just need to click on that.jar file each time and I will be able to do this even without admin rights?

Dclipsham

Apr 25, 2014, 8:37:00 AM4/25/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alyson, glad it worked. The .bat file is basically acting as a pointer to that .jar (or the command line version if passing in additional parameters), so I'm not sure why the .bat itself isn't working if they're in the same folder.

Anyway, yes you can execute the .jar directly without admin rights, although you will need permissions that allow you to traverse the folders and files you wish to scan - basically if you can reach and read a file you can scan it.

David

Aly B

Apr 25, 2014, 8:47:08 AM4/25/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks for that.  Fingers crossed it should work for me then!