[class uk.gov.nationalarchives.droid.profile.NodeMetaData] does not specify a temporal type

Fabio Salvi

Jan 19, 2017, 5:32:25 AM1/19/17
to droid-list
Hi all,

I'm trying to install the jars of the 6.1.5 Version in WLS 12.1.2 (EclipseLink als JPA 2.0 Implementation) but I get the following exception:

[ERROR] Exception [EclipseLink-7212] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.4.2.v20130514-5956486): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException

[ERROR] Exception Description: The attribute [lastModifiedDate] from the entity class [class uk.gov.nationalarchives.droid.profile.NodeMetaData] does not specify a temporal type. A temporal type must be specified for per

sistent fields or properties of type java.util.Date and java.util.Calendar.

I tried with the version 6.2.1 and the exception disappered. Is this a known issue? I should integrate the solution of a third party supplier, which uses the release 6.1.5, in my JEE App. Should the 2 releases be compatible in your opinion?

Thank you very much for your help!
Best regards
Fabio
Message has been deleted

Fabio Salvi

Jan 19, 2017, 7:04:16 AM1/19/17
to droid-list
Me again! :-)

With the version 6.2.1 I could compile my ear but it seems that the persistence.xml of yours takes the precedence and overwrites mine.

I should use your API only to create a zip file and so I woundn't need this feature at all.

I have the impression the droid jars weren't  designed to run or to be loaded as libraries in a JEE AppServer and what I'm trying to do isn't really according the specifics...

Thank you so much for any hint!
Best regards
Fabio

Paul Young

Mar 27, 2017, 7:11:34 AM3/27/17
to droid-list
Please try version 6.3, we have removed JPA(hibernate). Can you let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Paul Young
Digital Archivist