Filter

Morten Manø Jessen

Feb 27, 2014, 5:19:10 AM2/27/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to add a filter which only gives me the files that have an incorrect extension?

Under the "Extension" coloumn there is a yellow triangle with an exclaimation point for the files with an incorrect extension.

I only want these rows to be shown. Is that possible?

Graham Seaman

Feb 28, 2014, 5:11:06 AM2/28/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Morten

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable requirement, but one which Droid can't satisfy at the moment. We'll add it to the list of feature requests.

Best regards

Graham Seaman

Matt Palmer

Mar 1, 2014, 5:29:20 AM3/1/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
A workaround is to export the data as a CSV file.  This will have a specific column for the format mismatch warning and you can then use some other tool to filter the CSV file on this column.

Not as nice as having a built-in filter though - so I second the request for this feature.

Regards,

Matt

ross-spencer

Mar 2, 2014, 10:29:42 PM3/2/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
We use the CSV export to good effect at Archives New Zealand. From my perspective some tools are a better fit for purpose than others and the flexibility and performance that the sorting and analysis engine Excel or Open Office offer easily trumps that of DROID (as I would expect). It might be nice for smaller collections in DROID but I imagine for larger collections I will always likely use a tool better suited to the job.

Antonio Dalvit

Mar 7, 2014, 3:28:10 AM3/7/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
I wrote some code in linux, using command line tools from Droid and then "sed+grep" solution to extract infos from output.