Droid not running properly

Jenn Morris

May 2, 2014, 5:30:13 PM5/2/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
I have installed Droid on Windows 7 and had trouble starting the program using the droid.bat file because it said "Windows can't find "javaw". However after browsing this group I found a work around by just opening the .jar file instead.

So now I've got Droid open. I clicked "New" and added a handful of PDF files from my user folder. Then I tried to save the profile to my users My Documents folder but after going through the process no new file appears in Windows Explorer. Also if I try clicking on "Start" nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. This is a new machine and already had Java 7 on it. I read some posts about needing to have Java 6 so I installed that too.

Dclipsham

May 7, 2014, 6:02:30 AM5/7/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jenn,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties.

Firstly, the issue with being unable to find javaw - this sounds like you may be missing a path to the location of the java binaries within your environmental variables. This is normally added automatically when installing Java, but might not be added if you lack administrative rights to your environment. I would recommend downloading the latest version of the Java SE 1.7 - https://www.java.com/en/download/ - then installing it by right-clicking the downloaded file and choosing 'Run as administrator'. If you still encounter the same message after doing this, then let me know and I'll provide guidance on adding the path.

The inability to save the profile is unusual. Do you have permissions to 'write' to the location in which you are trying to save the profile?

Can you tell me which version of DROID you are using? (It should say at the top of the window when you've loaded DROID)

David

luvnrocs

May 7, 2014, 3:45:17 PM5/7/14
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help. I realized I was running droid 6.01 and not the most recent version. I think I had originally downloaded from Sourceforge.

This time I went directly to the National Archives website and downloaded version 6.1.3.

Everything is working correctly now.

Jenn