Droid crushing

Mihaiela Donisa

Jun 7, 2013, 7:15:23 AM6/7/13
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've been using Droid successfully for a few months now but for a week I've had problems with it.
I am trying to run it on some large folders (one is 81 GB, 51144 files and one is 2.21 G) and small folders (110 MB) and it either fails to initialise the profile or it starts to profile the folder and stops without having run through all subfolders.
Is there a limit on the folder size that Droid can manage or is the problem of a different nature?

A while ago I had the same Java problem as other users noted and that was solved by having the right Java version installed.

I hope someone help me with this.

Thank you,
Mihaiela

Graham Seaman

Jun 7, 2013, 11:18:28 AM6/7/13
to droid...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mihaiela

We're not aware of any specific problems with large folders, though Droid may take a long time to run on those large files. Could it just be a problem with java running out of memory? If you haven't already done so, could you try increasing your Java heap memory size - just change the memory options in droid.bat or droid.sh, whichever you are using? If that doesn't help, then if you could give us some more details about your setup (operating system, java version, what memory values you are using etc) we can see if we can reproduce the problem.

Best regards

Graham

Mihaiela Donisa

Jun 7, 2013, 12:24:49 PM6/7/13
to droid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham,

I noticed that it worked on my colleagues' computers (we all access it from the same location) so I cleared my desktop and emptied my bin and my outlook deleted items; it seems to work better now.
I have Java 1.6.0_45, on a 32-bit machine, Windows 7 with a space of 3GB.

Thank you,
Mihaiela