RData Files

Michael Smith

Sep 29, 2014, 8:27:50 AM9/29/14
to drake-w...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to deal with binary files in Drake, specifically .RData files in R? Something like this (I think this will not work verbatim, it's just meant as an illustration of what I have in mind):

out.RData <- in.RData [shell]
  Rscript --vanilla myscript.R $INPUT > $OUTPUT

Importantly, I don't want to run inline R from within Drake, but myscript.R instead.

Aaron Crow

Sep 29, 2014, 5:42:31 PM9/29/14
to Michael Smith, drake-w...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that should work fine. To put it generally, you are able to run any arbitrary shell command as a [shell] step in your Drake worflow

Michael Smith

Sep 29, 2014, 10:11:00 PM9/29/14
to Aaron Crow, drake-w...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, actually, after trying it out on a mini example, I think the `>`
in my code below should be omitted.