Welcome Alan, Drake's new owner. And also, questions for active Drake users...

drakew...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2014, 6:45:20 PM11/14/14
to drake-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Drake community,

I'd like to give a shout out to Alan Malloy, the new owner of Drake's codebase. Alan joined Factual as a full-time engineer back in February of this year. He showed an interest in the Drake project, and invested time and expertise in helping maintain the project. This was no surprise given Alan's Clojure chops and generous willingness to help people. So it's with great pleasure that we hail Alan as the official owner of the codebase going forward.

I hope you'll join me in welcoming Alan. Related, Alan and I are interested in hearing from regular Drake users. How are you using Drake, and for what kind of projects? What're the strongest features of Drake in your opinion? Biggest pain points? Most important missing features? Any tickets you'd really love to see get resolved so that you can get your work done? We're very interested to hear what active users are up to, and how Drake can be more helpful.

All the best,
Aaron

Alan Malloy

Nov 14, 2014, 9:25:46 PM11/14/14
to drake-w...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the lovely introduction, Aaron.

I haven't really said much on this newsgroup before, but if you've watched the github repo you can see I've been doing stuff with Drake for a while. I'm looking forward to making more improvements to Drake, so I'll just echo Aaron's "call for proposals", so to speak: what does Drake need?