Drake under Windows

google...@khinsen.fastmail.net

Jan 15, 2014, 4:28:51 AM1/15/14
to drake-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I started using Drake for workflows in scientific computing, and so far I am quite happy with it. I am now considering using it in a course on scientific computing. However, I know I will have students with Windows computers in the audience, and I can't find any reference to using Drake under Windows. I don't have any Windows machine myself, so I can't test anything.

Does Drake work under Windows? Are there installation instructions somewhere that suppose no particular expertise (JVM, Clojure, ...)? Any traps to watch out for?

Thanks in advance,
Konrad.

Aaron Crow

Jan 15, 2014, 11:14:08 AM1/15/14
to google...@khinsen.fastmail.net, drake-w...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kondrad, great to hear that Drake is helping you. Some testing has been done on Windows 8 and to the best of our knowledge, Drake works fine there.

For installation, if you can scare up a resource who is familiar with the basics of installing and running a client side Java application on Windows, that should get you by.

If you hit any specific issues, please post a report to Drake's issue tracker. And if you end up with a good install guide specifically for Drake & Windows, please share it with us!

All the best,
Aaron

Aaron

Michael Leonard

Jan 9, 2015, 12:07:34 PM1/9/15
to drake-w...@googlegroups.com, google...@khinsen.fastmail.net, aa...@factual.com
Hi Konrad

Any chance you got Drake working on Windows and could share a few key steps?  I get drake up and running no problem on Linux but don't even know where to start on Windows and similar to you would like to train some others in a Windows environment.

I'd be happy to try to write up a Windows installation guide for the wiki if I can get it working.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Konrad Hinsen

Jan 10, 2015, 6:04:16 AM1/10/15
to Michael Leonard, drake-w...@googlegroups.com, aa...@factual.com
Hi Michael,

> Any chance you got Drake working on Windows and could share a few
> key steps?

No, sorry. I didn't do any explorations myself because I don't even
have a Windows machine. Since I couldn't verify that Drake would work
OK for my classes, I used good old Make.

Konrad.