Can I... Update one object with a new version, reporting changes

Rob Shepherd

Jan 29, 2017, 10:23:00 AM1/29/17
to Dozer Mapper
Hi,

I load a complex object graph and send it to a javascript application for user manipulation.

I can save the new record by just splatting the contents back into the database but i  now need to generate a record of what changed.

I can re-load the existing record and compare the old and updated objects, recording what has changed.
Simple scalar value comparison is simple enough, which i've done with simple bean introspection.

I'm now faced with collections (lists) of elements and need to derive the changes as follows:

* The list elements could have been re-arranged.
* New elements could have been added
* some elements deleted
* The element's own properties might have been updated (recurse)

Can harness this process with Dozer?  If so, a pointer on how to begin would be received gratefully.

Thanks

Rob