Using converter ids with classes

Veit Guna

Aug 29, 2015, 2:31:30 AM8/29/15
to Dozer Mapper
Hi.

I'm using dozer's custom converter to conditionally map objects.
So where necessary I use field converters with parameters to perform the job. But I don't want to do it everywhere.
For this, I specify the custom-converter with the class name and the parameter on the field tag.

But I have to do this in several places. So I have to write the converter class name all over the place.
The custom-converter-id seems promising, but in this case only one stateful converter instance can be used, which is inappropriate due to the changing parameter, I guess.
So this doesn't seem to work.

Is there another way of registering a converter _class_ and assigning it an id, that can be used within the field's custom-converter-id?