Fwd: Special Olympics Basketball Extravaganza

Rebecca Brandt

Jan 3, 2017, 1:21:05 PM1/3/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Liya H Mitchell" <lhmitc...@comcast.net>
Date: January 2, 2017 at 3:07:40 PM PST
To: "'Rebecca Brandt'" <becca...@msn.com>
Subject: Special Olympics Basketball Extravaganza

Hi Everyone,

Special Olympics (Thurston County) is holding their 4th annual "Pack-the-Gym" fundraiser/tournament at Capital HS on Thursday, the 12th of January, at 6PM (2707 Conger Ave NW, Olympia).  This is a great event which I have attended every year, great fun for the athletes and attendees alike.  The event highlights all the Special Olympics basketball teams in Thurston County.  You will know many of the athletes playing.  Capital HS really plays the event up by supporting with drill team, spirit band, and cheerleaders.  Our DS group has donated $500 to sponsor Special Olympics in Thurston County throughout the year supporting over 400 Special Olympics athletes to participate in dozens of sports, to include basketball, softball, swimming, bowling, track, weightlifting, soccer, and others.  If you had not had time to enjoy one of these events, please come by and see if Special Olympics sports might be right for your special someone.  The event is free to our members.  Please let me know if you will attend and I will get tickets for you, family members, and friends, all are welcome.

Please RSVP by the 9th to me (lhmitc...@comcast.net), so I can have tickets for you at the ticket counter on the night of the event.

Happy New Year,

Liya Mitchell

Thank you, Becca, for forwarding.

Eric Bamer

Jan 3, 2017, 8:55:53 PM1/3/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
Now that Jacoby is 8. What is the best resource for getting him registered for Special Olympics sports.

Sent from my iPhone

Lucy Hannigan-Ewing

Jan 3, 2017, 9:04:57 PM1/3/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
Mark Barker is the best resource. I'll send you his email and phone # when I get home.

Lucy

On Jan 3, 2017 5:55 PM, "Eric Bamer" <eba...@comcast.net> wrote:
Now that Jacoby is 8. What is the best resource for getting him registered for Special Olympics sports.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 3, 2017, at 10:20 AM, Rebecca Brandt <becca...@msn.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Sylvia Davenport

Jan 4, 2017, 11:23:09 AM1/4/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com

Hello

Can you tell me the times please?

Syylvi

Kim Smith

Jan 4, 2017, 11:31:23 AM1/4/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
It's in the email

Kim Smith, Executive Director,
Part C Coordinator, Thurston, S.Mason & Grays Harbor

Our mission:
All families caring for someone with special needs will receive the support and resources they need to feel empowered, encouraged and supported.

Russell Moore

Jan 4, 2017, 11:44:31 AM1/4/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com

See below Sylvia

Capital HS (2707 Conger Ave NW, Olympia)

Thursday, the 12th of January, at 6PM

Sylvia Davenport

Jan 4, 2017, 11:47:31 AM1/4/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com

Hello

Thank you, Missed it I would love to attend  could you get me two tickets please

Thanks Sylvia

Jan 4, 2017, 5:33:28 PM1/4/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com

Hi Becca

Would like to be there but don’t get off work 6:30 pm that day and work in Tacoma.

Chuck C. Minor Jr
Supervisor of Housekeeping

Annie Wright Schools | 827 N Tacoma Ave, Tacoma, WA 98403 |www.aw.org

D: +1.253.284.4150 | F: +1.253.572.3616 | C:  | charle...@aw.org

Mission: Annie Wright's strong community cultivates individual learners to become well-educated, creative, and responsible citizens for a global society.

Liya H Mitchell

Jan 10, 2017, 3:57:29 PM1/10/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com, kenlin...@concast.net

Hi Everyone,

The 4th annual "Pack-The-Gym" for Special Olympics Basketball is this Thursday. 6-9pm at Capital HS in Olympia.  I will be there from 5:30-6 in front of the ticket table with tickets ready for the people who have RSVP'd.

Heidi Evans-4

Sylvia Davenport-2

Susie Mountain-6

Amanda James-1

Linda Clark-3

Liz Coke-2

I still have free tickets for anyone else who would like to attend.  Please email to confirm.

Best Regards,

Liya Mitchell

Jan 10, 2017, 7:55:54 PM1/10/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Im so sorry I looked at the dates wrong I have sibshops this Thursday. No wway I can go

Thank you

Sylvia

Tom Mitchell

Jan 11, 2017, 11:14:06 AM1/11/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com

No worries, maybe next time.  It is an annual event.

Liya