Fwd: Concerns about childcare

Rebecca Brandt

Mar 8, 2017, 3:58:08 PM3/8/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
Below is a message from a mom who needs help with summer child care for a 12 year old.  Read the message and if you can help, send me ,   becca...@msn.com ,  an answer and I will forward to her.       Becca

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lerae Hull <lahu...@gmail.com>
Date: March 8, 2017 at 8:26:19 AM PST
To: Rebecca Brandt <becca...@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Concerns about childcare

Ok thank you very much

On Mar 8, 2017 7:50 AM, "Rebecca Brandt" <becca...@msn.com> wrote:
No, I will do it today.   I haven't forgotten.    Becca

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 8, 2017, at 3:33 AM, Lerae Hull <lahu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Do I need to contact parent to parent to be added to the email list that you talked about with me the other night?

On Mar 6, 2017 2:56 PM, "Rebecca Brandt" <becca...@msn.com> wrote:
Anytime now or this evening would be fine.    Becca

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 6, 2017, at 11:05 AM, Lerae Hull <lahu...@gmail.com> wrote:

My lunch is at 1pm and I could try to call you then.

On Mar 6, 2017 9:17 AM, "Rebecca Brandt" <becca...@msn.com> wrote:
This sounds complicated.  Why don't you call me later today at 360-701-0253.   I'm busy until 1 pm or so.       Becca Brandt

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 6, 2017, at 6:07 AM, Lerae Hull <lahu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I sent a message to parent to parent and they sent me your contact information. My 12 year old son Trystan has down syndrome and is not able to be cared for by my usual daycare provider since he has turned 12. I have completed the assessment thru DDD as of Dec 2016. I have yet to receive contact information to call the agency that provides in home care. I am a single mom with two boys, Trystan and his younger brother Cyrus who is not special needs. I work part time at goodwill and work around both of my boy's school schedules. When I had my assessment with Siri the DDD caseworker she told me that the agencies only provide in home care. My problem with this is that I do not feel comfortable with leaving Trystan alone with someone while I'm at work and his brother at our daycare provider. I do not trust people as he is non verbal and unable to communicate his needs. Trystan is a handful and is going thru phases right now, a lot of ripping of clothes, papers, toys etc. He is not aware of safety or boundaries. He has to be constantly watched. He is fast, strong and clever, he figures things out quickly. We don't have family or friends and there is no one that I personally know that could watch him. I'm in a position to where I will probably have to quit my job before the boys get out of school for the summer. This is one of our main sources of income and Trystan receives SSI as well. I can't afford to not work but at the same time I can't leave him alone with a stranger. If there are any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

lisa nelson

Mar 8, 2017, 4:02:59 PM3/8/17
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
I did not feel comfortable with my 12 year old being home alone while his sister was in daycare I work the evening so I wasn't able to provide for him dinner and wanted him to be together with someone I got a note from my doctor that stated he should not be left alone and the state picked up the daycare costs even though he was 12 hope this helps you. He had attention deficit if they'll pick up the cost for that I'm sure they'll pick up the cost for Down syndrome

Ms. Lisa

Subject: Fwd: Concerns about childcare
To: "down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com" <down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 12:57 PM

,   becca...@msn.com<mailto:becca...@msn.com>

From: Lerae Hull <lahu...@gmail.com<mailto:lahu...@gmail.com>>
Date: March 8, 2017 at 8:26:19 AM PST
To: Rebecca Brandt <becca...@msn.com<mailto:becca...@msn.com>>

Ok thank you very much

On Mar 8, 2017 7:50 AM, "Rebecca Brandt" <becca...@msn.com<mailto:becca...@msn.com>>
wrote:
No, I will do it today.   I haven't
forgotten.    Becca

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 6, 2017 9:17 AM, "Rebecca Brandt" <becca...@msn.com<mailto:becca...@msn.com>>
wrote:
This sounds complicated.  Why don't you call me later
today at
360-701-0253<tel:360-701-0253>.   I'm
busy until 1 pm or so.       Becca
Brandt