Thurston county special olympics young athletes program

Paigerenee Torres

May 16, 2018, 9:43:38 PM5/16/18
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
Hello, just wanted to inform everyone about a program that Thurston county is trying to get started. In order to start it they need at least 5 participants to come together. When this happens it is a play program for children with and without intellectual disabilities, ages 2 to 7 years old. The program introduces basic sports skills, like running, kicking, and throwing. Children learn how to play with others and develop important skills for learning. It is also a fun way to stay fit for the kids. Skills this program will apply for the kids are:
Motor skills, social, emotional and learning skills, exopectations and acceptance. If interested email Mark Barker at  bball...@comcast.net

lars...@yahoo.com

May 16, 2018, 11:50:24 PM5/16/18
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
I wish this was around for Lila. Sounds awesome!

Sent from my iPhone

On May 16, 2018, at 6:43 PM, Paigerenee Torres <prlto...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, just wanted to inform everyone about a program that Thurston county is trying to get started. In order to start it they need at least 5 participants to come together. When this happens it is a play program for children with and without intellectual disabilities, ages 2 to 7 years old. The program introduces basic sports skills, like running, kicking, and throwing. Children learn how to play with others and develop important skills for learning. It is also a fun way to stay fit for the kids. Skills this program will apply for the kids are:
Motor skills, social, emotional and learning skills, exopectations and acceptance. If interested email Mark Barker at  bball...@comcast.net

brandi gish

May 17, 2018, 2:04:31 AM5/17/18
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing this here! I have been asking around and was going to do the webinar, but too busy! I know Mark was trying to do this last year, but I never heard back after telling him I was interested! Our kiddos need the practice and social experiences!