Meeting last night discussing Autism associated with Down Syndrome with references attached

Kim Brandt

Feb 21, 2018, 12:53:54 PM2/21/18
to South Puget Sound Up With Down Syndrome Support Google Group, Kim Brandt
Attachments available until Mar 23, 2018
We had a good meeting last night discussing Autism associated with Down Syndrome.  We have several textbooks that our SPUDS Group may share anytime.  Here are the lecture panels (and a short movie from a family who has a child with Down Syndrome and Autism will follow in a second email):

Click to Download
Down Syndrome with Autism Spectrum disorder.pdf
1.7 MB
Click to Download
Autism sites from UpToDate 2018.pages
659 KB

Here are a few references on Autism Spectrum Disorder including just a few sections discussing how it is seen in Down Syndrome.  They are very long medical references from UpToDate, so you may want to just scan through them and pick out what you want.

Click to Download
Autism spectrum disorder: Terminology, epidemiology, and pathogenesis - UpToDate.pdf
380 KB
Click to Download
Autism spectrum disorder: Clinical features - UpToDate.pdf
228 KB
Click to Download
Autism spectrum disorder in children and adolescents: Behavioral and educational interventions - UpToDate.pdf
383 KB
Click to Download
Asperger syndrome (a specific autism spectrum disorder): Management and prognosis in children and adolescents - UpToDate.pdf
420 KB
Click to Download
Down syndrome: Clinical features and diagnosis - UpToDate.pdf
740 KB
Click to Download
Down syndrome: Management - UpToDate.pdf
249 KB

Take Care,

Kim

Charles Minor

Feb 21, 2018, 1:04:52 PM2/21/18
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com

Kim

Thanks for info FYI my wife does not like riding in snow and Ice.

Chuck C. Minor Jr
Supervisor of Housekeeping

Annie Wright Schools | 827 N Tacoma Ave, Tacoma, WA 98403 |www.aw.org

D: +1.253.284.4150 | F: +1.253.572.3616 | C:  | charle...@aw.org

Mission: Annie Wright's strong community cultivates individual learners to become well-educated, creative, and responsible citizens for a global society.

Riley Emlen-Petterson

Feb 21, 2018, 1:30:52 PM2/21/18
to down-syndrome-support...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kim
I'm Riley
I don't know if we've met before. I've been to the Buddy Walk and one meeting in November. I'm the tall guy with long blonde hair. I happen to have autism. My girlfriend, Charlie from England has a dual-diagnosis of Down syndrome and Autism. We met on Facebook. She had a speech with the United Nations about saving Down syndrome. I believe it was love at first sight. It's a long story, but I was an advocate already. When I commented on her speech she saw my comment. We friended each other on Facebook and started having daily messages, learning more and more about each other and realized that we have a lot of things in common. We both cook and we both like our instruments. Eventually, we fell in love. Everyday, we message each other and have FaceTime when we can. We are very excited to be meeting in real-life for the first time in April. We are quite certain that we are the right ones for each other. She planned on moving to the United States for a long time. What I can say already is I was never as happy before I found her. We know it's going to be amazing when we get to see each other. I can't wait to share some of our adventures together.

Have a good day,
Riley Emlen-Petterson