Error in writing lines to "FileListAbsolute.txt" : VS 2008

kumar n

Jan 17, 2008, 12:26:36 PM1/17/08
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
Hi,

I am facing the following error for one of the projects in a solution.
I opened a 2005 web project in visual studio 2008 as we are moving
to .net 3.0 and the conversion wizard ran and converted the project,
after which it gave a couple of reference errors and syntactical
errors, which i fixed all. But the following is the last error which I
am not able to resolve and the reason is its not something from the
code. Its something that the framework is trying to do during build
and which it is failing and I don't have access or I don't know how to
debug the frmwrk to figure out why its failing. Any help as soon as
possible, is greatly appreciated.

The error is:
Error MSB3491
Could not write lines to file "obj\Debug
\VZ.Fios.Entity.ApplicationMgr.csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt". The
specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified
file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name
must be less than 248 characters.

Thanks &Regards
Kumar

Michael O

Jan 18, 2008, 11:37:25 AM1/18/08
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
Open a Bug with Microsoft.

Peter Groenewegen

Jan 19, 2008, 4:38:01 AM1/19/08
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
Your path is to long, try to convert your project in a path with less chars. Make is at least 12 chars shorter (the hint is in your error 260-248).

--
Peter

kumar n

Feb 12, 2008, 4:09:43 PM2/12/08
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting

Thanks Michael and Peter. My issue got resolved by reducing the folder
heirarchy.
I have posted another issue on treeview control in asp.net.

Please throw some light on that.

Thanks
Kumar