HTTP 430 Forbidden--- website requires you to log in.

Jeena Ajiesh

Mar 12, 2009, 2:08:02 AM3/12/09
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I'm in a big problem. the thing is that ,i can browse the website in IIS. But wen i try in IE it shows the error

  • This website requires you to log in.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I'm using vs2005, IIS v5.1, IE 7.

Hope this information is enough.

Pls help to find the error....

Thanks

Jeena

The_Fruitman

Mar 12, 2009, 10:10:22 AM3/12/09
to DotNetDevelopment, VB.NET, C# .NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, XML, XML Web Services,.NET Remoting
This is most likely an IIS configuration issue. In IIS right click on
the web site and choose properties. Look at the Authentication and
access control area on the Directory Security tab. Your issue can
most likely be resolved there.

On Mar 12, 12:08 am, Jeena Ajiesh <jeena...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm in a big problem. the thing is that ,i can browse the website in IIS.
> But wen i try in IE it shows the error
>
>  *This website requires you to log in. *
>
>   ** *More information* <javascript:expandCollapse('infoBlockID', true);>
>
> *This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to
> connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.
> *
>
> *For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.*

jignesh prajapati

Mar 12, 2009, 2:32:52 AM3/12/09
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com

please check if any server is running then stop it

Jeena Ajiesh

Mar 14, 2009, 1:36:50 AM3/14/09
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
In Directory Security, I had checked Anonymous Accessa dn Integrated Security. Wat else can we modify here??
Pls help with some ideas....

--
****************
Regards,

Jeena Ajiesh

Mar 14, 2009, 1:38:10 AM3/14/09
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
Server running????
I didnt get you. Pls tell me in details.
So that i can have a try on that

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:32 AM, jignesh prajapati <jignesh.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

please check if any server is running then stop it

--
****************
Regards,
♪♥♫♥Ĵєєήǎ ♫♥♪♥

Sent from: Dubayy  United Arab Emirates.

Jeena Ajiesh

Mar 14, 2009, 1:39:38 AM3/14/09
to DotNetDe...@googlegroups.com
Now i get the problem as

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Wat can i do for this????
--
Regards,