cant setup Development Environment In Eclipse

r.zerrad

Feb 28, 2012, 6:44:11 AM2/28/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
hello everyone,

I'm trying to setup the development environment in Eclipse to develop a plugin for dotcms following the instructions in :

http://dotcms.com/docs/1.9/SettingUpADevelopmentEnvironmentInEclipse

but unfortunately it does not work when I try to debug it , this is what I got as an error in the console:

Feb 28, 2012 11:39:49 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [C:\svn\dotcms_home\tomcat\lib], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
Feb 28, 2012 11:39:49 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory validateFile
WARNING: Problem with directory [C:\svn\dotcms_home\tomcat\lib], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:216)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:391)

trying to find any handy tutorial in how to develop a plugin for dotcms , but I don't seem to find any , I would appreciate if someone please can provide me with such tutorial.

Sincerely

Réda

Jason Tesser

Feb 28, 2012, 8:33:39 AM2/28/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
seems like you did not set up the debug config right. Make sure you
have an svn checkout of our code when running in eclipse.

Thanks,
Jason Tesser
dotCMS Director, Support Services
1-305-858-1422

r.zerrad

Feb 28, 2012, 9:06:21 AM2/28/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Exactly I've just realized that I didn't change the path to reflect the directory where I have dotcms code installed

-Xmx768M
-Dfile.encoding=UTF8
-Duser.timezone=GMT
-Djava.endorsed.dirs="/svn/dotcms_home/tomcat/common/endorsed"
-Dcatalina.base="/svn/dotcms_home/tomcat"
-Dcatalina.home="/svn/dotcms_home/tomcat"
-Djava.io.tmpdir="/svn/dotcms_home/tomcat/temp"
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

thank a lot for your assistance Jason!

Sincerely,

Réda