File Content Type Issues

LWard

Jul 6, 2012, 9:37:29 AM7/6/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Today one of our sites was missing all of its images.  They had apparently decided to move themselves from the folder they were in to the root of the host.  Any ideas?

LWard

Jul 6, 2012, 9:37:54 AM7/6/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Version: 2.0.1

LWard

Jul 9, 2012, 2:04:43 PM7/9/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
This happened to us again on a different one of our sites inside the same instance of dotCMS...Any others with this issue?

Maria Ahues Bouza

Jul 9, 2012, 2:17:10 PM7/9/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What is happening is that the images get moved to the root folder?

Is anyone using webdav in your organization? Maybe they are getting moved by mistake?

I haven't heard this issue before and its happened twice already on your 2.0.1 install?

Any errors on the log?

Thanks
-Maria

Community Manager

dotCMS
Main: 305.900.2001
Fax: 305.397.2579
www.dotcms.com
http://www.twitter.com/dotCMS
http://www.facebook.com/dotCMS
http://www.twitter.com/mabouza

Please consider the planet before printing this email.

LWard

Jul 9, 2012, 2:23:25 PM7/9/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Anything that is a File Type piece of content e.g. a File Asset or Image (Custom Structure that won't even open) that have a Host or Folder field has been changed to the host and not the folder that the content was living in.

As you can imagine this causes all images to break as well as any other file assets to become un-accessable.  Will try to look through logs to see if I can find any errors or messages about the content moving.

No webdav.  It would be hard for 60+ images and file assets to be moved by mistake.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM, LWard <lw...@bimedia.net> wrote:
This happened to us again on a different one of our sites inside the same instance of dotCMS...Any others with this issue?

On Friday, July 6, 2012 8:37:54 AM UTC-5, LWard wrote:
Version: 2.0.1

On Friday, July 6, 2012 8:37:29 AM UTC-5, LWard wrote:
Today one of our sites was missing all of its images.  They had apparently decided to move themselves from the folder they were in to the root of the host.  Any ideas?

Maria Ahues Bouza

Jul 9, 2012, 2:25:04 PM7/9/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Ok I can see so it's the Host field in the content that's getting messed up.

Yes please look in the logs and see if you find anything that may give us some information to see what's happening.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dotcms/-/ETCOjcwnahYJ.

LWard

Jul 9, 2012, 3:09:25 PM7/9/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
2012-07-05 00:00:39,210 ERROR net.sf.hibernate.AssertionFailure - an assertion failure occured (this may indicate a bug in Hibernate, but is more likely due to unsafe use of the session)
net.sf.hibernate.AssertionFailure: null id in entry (don't flush the Session after an exception occurs)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.checkId(SessionImpl.java:2669)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flushEntity(SessionImpl.java:2493)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flushEntities(SessionImpl.java:2486)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flushEverything(SessionImpl.java:2281)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:2260)
at com.dotmarketing.db.HibernateUtil.closeSession(HibernateUtil.java:661)
at com.dotmarketing.listeners.ClickstreamListener.sessionDestroyed(ClickstreamListener.java:69)
at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.java:708)
at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.isValid(StandardSession.java:575)
at org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase.processExpires(ManagerBase.java:698)
at org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase.backgroundProcess(ManagerBase.java:683)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1316)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1601)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1610)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1610)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1590)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
2012-07-05 00:00:39,211 ERROR com.dotmarketing.listeners.ClickstreamListener - Unable to close Hibernate Session
com.dotmarketing.exception.DotHibernateException: Unable to close Hibernate Session
at com.dotmarketing.db.HibernateUtil.closeSession(HibernateUtil.java:679)
[...]
Caused by: net.sf.hibernate.AssertionFailure: null id in entry (don't flush the Session after an exception occurs)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.checkId(SessionImpl.java:2669)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flushEntity(SessionImpl.java:2493)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flushEntities(SessionImpl.java:2486)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flushEverything(SessionImpl.java:2281)
at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:2260)
at com.dotmarketing.db.HibernateUtil.closeSession(HibernateUtil.java:661)
... 11 more

These showed up several thousand (A search of the file revealed them 19574) times over the course of Friday (7-6) When we noticed the first site with issues.

They are almost as common on Saturday and Sunday as well, and lots today...Any idea how to fix those?

-----
dotCMS version 2.0.1 mySQL
everything was migrated from 2.0PR1

LWard

Sep 19, 2012, 1:46:22 PM9/19/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Hello agian,

This issue happened again, not noticing anything in the logs that mention anything about the file assets moving.

It is all file assets that are in a particular folder.

Maria Ahues Bouza

Sep 25, 2012, 12:09:03 AM9/25/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
Do you know how to reproduce the issue?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dotcms/-/KuLMrR2O85cJ.

LWard

Sep 25, 2012, 9:28:53 AM9/25/12
to dot...@googlegroups.com
No, we can not find any identifiable trigger to cause this.