[DocumentViewer] noConflict Underscore

Ted Han

Jan 24, 2014, 5:00:43 PM1/24/14
to documentcloud-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

This list has been dormant for a while (well, forever so far), but we're firing it back up just to keep folks aware of what's up.

First, is that we've used _.noConflict in the DocumentViewer, to ensure that viewers have a safe reference to underscore (https://github.com/documentcloud/document-viewer/commit/bcb77899f99093c0cf84c1fa8c9ec975041c1c60 ).  This means that if you use underscore in your other apps/pages, you can now feel free to use whatever version you like without fear of disrupting viewers.  Just in case someone is using the version we've historically supplied, we're still including underscore as a global variable, but feel free to clobber it as you need.

Second up, we've been experimenting with updating the DocumentViewer, particularly with an eye towards providing a better mobile experience, and we'll have more news on that front soon.  If you've got an interests, requirements, or thoughts on the topic, please don't hesitate to drop us a line.

Best,

-Ted

Chris Amico

Jan 25, 2014, 2:18:01 PM1/25/14
to documentcloud-a...@googlegroups.com
+1 on mobile enhancements. The current version works OK if it's embedded with 100% width, but it's only sized on first render, so rotating the device can be a problem.

Nice to see this list come back to life.