Does docpad always regenerates everything?

João D.

Oct 26, 2012, 7:01:45 AM10/26/12
to doc...@googlegroups.com

Hey,

Got a website working that has 4 layouts and around 320 eco files.
Whenever I change and eco file or add a new one (static pages that generate
html), does docpad always regenerates everything?

Is there some config or change that I can do to just (re)generate the leaf
html (that no other file depends on) that is changed?

Thanks :)

Benjamin Lupton

Nov 13, 2012, 7:49:54 PM11/13/12
to doc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Joao,

Thanks for the question. This thread here https://github.com/bevry/docpad/issues/336 should provide some more light on whats going on. While we definitely don't re-render everything when you make changes, we do re-render things that have to be re-rendered (for instance content listing pages, rss feeds, etc as they may reference the document you changed!).

Let me know if it is still unclear, cheers!
- Ben