What we are doing here?

Tushar Goel

Feb 15, 2015, 12:17:27 AM2/15/15
to dnc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am new to in this group. Could you please tell  me what we suppose to do here?

By the way, i am new JAVA programmer so i am looking for improving my skills.

BR..

Mohammad Faisal

Feb 16, 2015, 1:24:27 AM2/16/15
to Tushar Goel, Delhi & NCR Java User Group (DaNJUG) India
Hi Tushar,

Welcome to DaN-JUG.

Are you working somewhere or a student?

Regards
Mohammad Faisal

Tushar Goel

Feb 16, 2015, 1:24:27 AM2/16/15
to Mohammad Faisal, Delhi & NCR Java User Group (DaNJUG) India
Hi Mohammad,

I am working but new to programming. Just having 5-6 months experience in Java.

BR..
Tushar Goel
--
Thanks & Regards
Tushar Goel

ram suri

Feb 16, 2015, 8:37:11 AM2/16/15
to dnc...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

In this group we can discuss any issues you have faced in programming or challenges or the best practices to solve a particular problem.

Let's make this group proactive. and start discussing the cutting edge technologies / topics in JAVA J2EE

Thanks and Regads
Ram

Mohammad Faisal

Feb 17, 2015, 3:15:49 AM2/17/15
to ram suri, Delhi & NCR Java User Group (DaNJUG) India
Hi,

I'm agree with Ram Suri.
Do you have any topic to get started?

Thanks and regards
Mohammad Faisal

ram

Feb 17, 2015, 7:21:26 AM2/17/15
to Mohammad Faisal, Delhi & NCR Java User Group (DaNJUG) India

Yes I have many topics to start with. Let's agree with mutual interest of all the members in the group so that maximum number of people can take part in the discussion.

We can choose from the below mentioned topics.

1.) Multithreading / Executor Framework
2.) JMS
3.) New java 8 features.
4.) Serialization in detail.
5.) Collections in detail.

Thanks and Regards
Ram

Mohammad Faisal

Feb 17, 2015, 7:27:47 AM2/17/15
to ram, Delhi & NCR Java User Group (DaNJUG) India
I'm interested in Multithreading / Executor Framework or Collections in detail.

ram

Feb 17, 2015, 7:35:42 AM2/17/15
to Mohammad Faisal, Delhi & NCR Java User Group (DaNJUG) India

OK gentlemen, Let's schedule and finalise the specific day and time also and I am seeing proactive response from Faisal only. Guys if you have joned the group then get the most out of it.

Regards
Ram

Tushar Goel

Feb 17, 2015, 9:58:01 PM2/17/15
to dnc...@googlegroups.com, faisa...@gmail.com
Sorry, i was getting mails after one day only. Yes we can discuss it. Multi-threading is good.

BR..
Tushar Goel

Jitendra Chittoda

Feb 17, 2015, 9:59:57 PM2/17/15
to ram, Mohammad Faisal, Delhi & NCR Java User Group (DaNJUG) India
Hi Ram,

That's good. We can have discussion on the listed topics. Please suggest when we should schedule, accordingly I will create meetup event.

Thanks & Regards,
Jitendra Chittoda
Skype/Twitter: JChittoda

Mohammad Faisal

Feb 18, 2015, 1:46:39 AM2/18/15
to Jitendra Chittoda, ram, Delhi & NCR Java User Group (DaNJUG) India
Hi All,

A weekend meetup will be good.

Thanks and regards
Mohammad Faisal

Abhishek Gupta

Feb 18, 2015, 1:46:34 PM2/18/15
to dnc...@googlegroups.com
I had tweeted to the delhi ncr jug w.r.t adopt-a-jsr program for java ee 8. No response though! :-) any ideas around that?? I am not an expert but very open to the idea of having internal knowledge sharing sessions around Java EE 7 and Java 8 (or either of them).

Would love to get some inputs !

Cheers!
Abhishek
(abhirockzz.wordpress.com | @abhi_tweeter)

Jitendra Chittoda

Feb 18, 2015, 10:18:22 PM2/18/15
to Abhishek Gupta, Delhi & NCR JUG
Hi Abhishek,

I also posted a survey in 2013 in this group asking if someone would like to contribute to Adopt-a-JSR, few people responded and I had a discussion with Chennai JUG leader Rajmahendra Hegde on how did Chennai JUG started this and contributed to JSRs. For this, the first and most important thing to do is to have a physical meetup every month ( Chennai JUG do weekly). All the meetups we had till date is all online. No physical meetups, as the response to the online meetups are also very less.
Also people would need extra time to contribute (volunteering ) to the Adopt-A-JSR program. Everyone has their own priorities after office hours. That is the biggest reason for the people not to join the program.

If you would like to present any session on the Java EE etc. Please let me know, we can schedule an online meetup for this.

Thanks & Regards,
Jitendra Chittoda
Skype/Twitter: JChittoda

Abhishek Gupta

Feb 18, 2015, 11:14:45 PM2/18/15
to Jitendra Chittoda, Delhi & NCR JUG

Sure Jitendra - completely agree with the priority and bandwidth part :-)

Is it possible to have that poll again ? Do you think it is worth it? Regardless of the result, it would be great to a internal presentation reg adopt-a-jsr itself in order for people to understand it better and realize its value, and then decide. There were some great sessions around this in javaone 2014.

Regarding internal knowledge sharing - i am ok starting up something on java ee 7. We can setup something if we have enough folks interested in this :-)

Friends - anyone else wants to share/talk about techie Java stuff? Shoot your proposals and interact :-)

Thanks,
Abhishek
(abhirockzz.wordpress.com  @abhi_tweeter)

Jitendra Chittoda

Feb 18, 2015, 11:24:32 PM2/18/15
to Abhishek Gupta, Delhi & NCR JUG
Sure, we can have a poll again as the number of people have also increased since last survey :-)

Thanks & Regards,
Jitendra Chittoda
Skype/Twitter: JChittoda

Tushar Goel

Feb 18, 2015, 11:52:51 PM2/18/15
to Jitendra Chittoda, Abhishek Gupta, Delhi & NCR JUG
Hi Jitendra/Abhishek,

I heard this thing(JSRs) several times but have not sure what does it mean? I am sorry. Can any one explain me?

If it is related to do some project together then i am in. I am very much interested in this concept because it gives lots of opportunity. If it is require to meet up then it is perfectly fine with me. At least one can afford 1-2 hours per week or fortnight. It is not getting longer than that. We can use go to meeting as well sometimes. We have to start somewhere and can't expect big number from starting but as times pass by we sure have more participant.

What do you say guys?

BR..
Tushar Goel

Jitendra Chittoda

Feb 19, 2015, 12:13:45 AM2/19/15
to Tushar Goel, Abhishek Gupta, Delhi & NCR JUG

Tushar Goel

Feb 19, 2015, 12:20:04 AM2/19/15
to Jitendra Chittoda, Abhishek Gupta, Delhi & NCR JUG
Thanks Bro..,I will look at them.

How about on my suggestion?

Jitendra Chittoda

Feb 19, 2015, 12:30:59 AM2/19/15
to Tushar Goel, Abhishek Gupta, Delhi & NCR JUG
Yes, we can start with a small group and continue adding interested contributors.
First lets make the google survey for the current open JSRs under the Adopt-a-JSR umbrella. We can have separate discussion on what to include in the survey.

Abhishek Gupta

Feb 19, 2015, 12:34:26 AM2/19/15
to Tushar Goel, Jitendra Chittoda, Delhi & NCR JUG
You are right Tushar. We might have to start small and take it from there :-)

As far as JSR are concerned - they are Java Specification Requests which are basically a means of developing, maintaining and tracking Java standards in an open and community friendly manner e.g. the latest version of Java i.e. Java 8 was developed under the JSR 337 (https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=337).

These JSRs are managed by the JCP (Java Community Process) which is an official body consisting of various members - its ensures that the processes outlined for each JSR are indeed followed.

All in all - this is all for community participation and foster a more open way of collaborative development. Apart from that, Jitendra has already pointed to great resources which I am sure will provide more details

Regards,

Abhishek Gupta

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/abhishek-gupta/27/331/866   https://twitter.com/abhi_tweeter   https://plus.google.com/+AbhishekGupta1987/posts

Mohammad Faisal

Feb 19, 2015, 4:50:09 AM2/19/15
to Jitendra Chittoda, Delhi & NCR JUG
Hi Jitendra,

Have you created the survey?

Jitendra Chittoda

Feb 19, 2015, 4:54:35 AM2/19/15
to Mohammad Faisal, Delhi & NCR JUG
Not yet. I will post on the group, once created.