Google announces downtown location for Fiber office (Austin)

Barbara Shaurette

Nov 25, 2014, 12:04:20 PM11/25/14
to djangocon-...@googlegroups.com
Just a heads up - at our local meeting a few weeks back we talked about possibly getting sponsorship/partnering with them for conference wireless:

"We anticipate having town hall meetings and political forums as well as concerts and hack-a-thons and really cool tech-centric events," said Mark Strama, head of Austin's Google Fiber project and a former member of the Texas House of Representatives.

So, a possible sprints space? :) We need to find a contact over there:

http://impactnews.com/austin-metro/central-austin/google-announced-downtown-location-for-fiber-office/

Jason Novinger

Nov 25, 2014, 4:19:59 PM11/25/14
to djangocon-...@googlegroups.com
Barbara,

I've reached to a couple people to see if I can find a contact there. I'll report back when I find out more.

jason

--

---

Landon Jurgens

Nov 25, 2014, 10:31:20 PM11/25/14
to djangocon-...@googlegroups.com
I also wanted to throw out the Rackspace Austin office. There are lots of meetups there regularly and I'm pretty sure it will have the bandwidth and space to host things. The office is a bit north of downtown though.

Found a picture of the space here
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvcITwmCQAAtsrU.jpg:large

Thoughts?
Landon

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Barbara Shaurette <barbara....@gmail.com> wrote:
Just a heads up - at our local meeting a few weeks back we talked about possibly getting sponsorship/partnering with them for conference wireless:

"We anticipate having town hall meetings and political forums as well as concerts and hack-a-thons and really cool tech-centric events," said Mark Strama, head of Austin's Google Fiber project and a former member of the Texas House of Representatives.

So, a possible sprints space? :) We need to find a contact over there:

http://impactnews.com/austin-metro/central-austin/google-announced-downtown-location-for-fiber-office/

--

---

Daniel Craigmile

Jan 4, 2015, 11:03:22 PM1/4/15
to djangocon-...@googlegroups.com
I stopped by the Google Fiber Space today and asked about event hosting.  They gave me a name:

Tiffany Harelik is our events lead and she can be your point of contact here for events: thar...@google.com

And here's the form they'd like us to complete to request the space: https://services.google.com/fb/forms/fiberaustinevents/

-daniel

Jeff Triplett

Jan 9, 2015, 6:43:55 PM1/9/15
to djangocon-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all of the location ideas! I updated our ongoing docs at: https://github.com/djangocon/djangocon-us-docs to add some of these and fill out contact information for others. Feel free to update and suggest others either here or on github.

Regards,
Jeff

--

---