Add a custom language for internationalization/localization

Sonu Kumar

Jul 22, 2016, 9:11:44 AM7/22/16
to Django users
Hi there,
I would like to add a custom language to support for i18n. You can check  my question here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38511925/add-custom-language-for-localization-in-django-app. I have followed all the steps mentioned here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19267886/adding-a-custom-language-to-django

In short, the steps are as follows
1. add a custom language(NEW) dictionary to settings file and update LANG_INFO dictionary
2. add new language to LANGUAGES as well for i18n to detect
3. compile message for the new language

Problem is that when I visit the home page with new language code then it redirects to /en/NEW

Can somebody point out the error or make it working?

Sonu Kumar

Jul 22, 2016, 9:54:45 AM7/22/16
to Django users
After lots of debug and digging inside local middleware I have fixed this. To solve this I had to add LOCALE_PATH in settings file.