django and buildout

John Griessen

Mar 13, 2010, 8:47:33 PM3/13/10
to django...@googlegroups.com
I kludged together a buildout config to use django-page-cms which depends on django-mptt
and it still isn't referencing my locally downloaded svn trunk version of django-mptt.

Installing django.
Page at http://pypi.python.org/simple/mock/ links to .py file(s) without version info; an index scan is required.
Getting distribution for 'django-mptt>0.2.1'.
While:
Installing django.
Getting distribution for 'django-mptt>0.2.1'.
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'django-mptt>0.2.1'.

I have an extra-paths statement as suggested by Andreas Schmid, but
it doesn't use the installed parts/site-packages/django-mptt.

Here's the buildout config -- would you please point out any errors?

[buildout]
parts =
site-packages
django

eggs =
mock
django-notification
django-page-cms
django-haystack

[django]
recipe = djangorecipe
version = 1.1.1
settings = development
urls =
http://code.google.com/p/django-messages/source/browse/#svn/branches/messages-0.4.x
wsgi = true
eggs = ${buildout:eggs}
extra-paths =
${site-packages:location}
project = cottagematic_com

[site-packages]
recipe = iw.recipe.subversion
urls =
http://django-mptt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ django-mptt

thanks,

John

andreas schmid

Mar 14, 2010, 8:52:32 AM3/14/10
to django...@googlegroups.com
it seems to work with mr.developer

[buildout]
extensions = mr.developer
sources = sources
auto-checkout = django-mptt

parts =
django

eggs =
mock
django-notification
django-page-cms
django-haystack

[sources]
django-mptt = svn http://django-mptt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
django-mptt

[django]
recipe = djangorecipe
version = 1.1.1
settings = development
urls =

http://code.google.com/p/django-messages/source/browse/#svn/branches/messages-0.4.x
wsgi = true
eggs = ${buildout:eggs}

project = cottagematic_com

let me know.

John Griessen

Mar 15, 2010, 5:10:08 PM3/15/10
to django...@googlegroups.com

I saw some errors and changed this:

[sources]
django-mptt = svn http://django-mptt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ path=django-mptt

and then fixed an indent problem and it ran.

Thanks for your help. Now I need to learn to test this and next deploy to
a server.

John Griessen

john@toolbench:~/WEBprojects/cottagematic_com$ python bin/buildout
Getting distribution for 'mr.developer'.
Got mr.developer 1.12.
mr.developer: Checking out 'django-mptt' with subversion.
Develop: '/home/john/WEBprojects/cottagematic_com/django-mptt/django-mptt'
Uninstalling django.
Installing _mr.developer.
Generated script '/home/john/WEBprojects/cottagematic_com/bin/develop'.

Installing django.
Page at http://pypi.python.org/simple/mock/ links to .py file(s) without version info; an index scan is required.

Getting distribution for 'django-tagging>0.2.1'.
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
tagging.tests.settings: module references __file__
tagging.tests.tests: module references __file__
Got django-tagging 0.3.1.
Getting distribution for 'html5lib>=0.10'.
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
Got html5lib 0.90.
Getting distribution for 'BeautifulSoup'.
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setuptools/command/bdist_egg.py:422: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert
both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
symbols = dict.fromkeys(iter_symbols(code))
Got BeautifulSoup 3.1.0.1.
Generated script '/home/john/WEBprojects/cottagematic_com/bin/django'.
Generated script '/home/john/WEBprojects/cottagematic_com/bin/django.wsgi'.
django: Skipping creating of project: cottagematic_com since it exists